Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2003 7:30:16 AM EDT
I installed my .22conversion kit and test fired it...no problems. When I went to take it out it was stuck. I have tried everything to get it out and am at a loss. The guy from the company said I could send the whole upper to them but I dont want to be without my gun for an unknown amount of time.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it is best to have Ciener remove the kit. I have the same problem with a kit for the AK-47 in 7.62 I will ship to them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Remove the barrel. That will give you "play" forward. My unit is "sticky" and I bet it's the end of the Ciener barrel meeting my barrel chamber causing a slight press fit. After an initial yank on the charging handle it comes out.

If you don't have the tools to remove the barrel, get them. Everyone needs these items!!

Wrench
[url]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12795&title=AR-15%2fM16+ARMORERS+WRENCH[/url]

Vise Block
[url]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=9813&title=AR-15%2fM16+RECEIVER+ACTION+BLOCK[/url]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
What type of chamber do you have? 223 or 5.56

I would remove the upper and tap it out on the back plate (where its welded) with a long punch and a hammer. As JB said its probably the adapter jamming into your chamber. The fouling buildup is making it worse. The back plate should be flush with the upper.

If its a dedicated 22 upper I would shim out the barrel .010 - .015. (Between the barrel coller and threaded portion of upper).

The other option is to remove the adapter, chuck it into a drill and polish it with some emery cloth.

With a 5.56 chamber you should not have to fight with it to get it out. I would suspect the Ciener unit is out of spec. Send it back. I use an old 1-12 Colt m16 barrel on my dedicated upper. After thousands of rounds it still comes out easily.

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What type of chamber do you have? 223 or 5.56

I would remove the upper and tap it out on the back plate (where its welded) with a long punch and a hammer. As JB said its probably the adapter jamming into your chamber. The fouling buildup is making it worse. The back plate should be flush with the upper.

If its a dedicated 22 upper I would shim out the barrel .010 - .015. (Between the barrel coller and threaded portion of upper).

The other option is to remove the adapter, chuck it into a drill and polish it with some emery cloth.

With a 5.56 chamber you should not have to fight with it to get it out. I would suspect the Ciener unit is out of spec. Send it back. I use an old 1-12 Colt m16 barrel on my dedicated upper. After thousands of rounds it still comes out easily.

View Quote

Good info.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. I tried yanking on the charging handle a couple times real hard and the back plate popped off. I guess I will have to send it to ceiner, maybe now is the time to buy that 9mm upper I have been wanting......
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top