Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2003 6:16:16 AM EDT
Has anyone sucessfully made a block to work with Suomi mags? They seem to be on the cheaper end compared to uzi mags and the over priced colts
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.tommy15.com[/url]

[img]http://www.tommy15.com/adapter/T15Aadapter.jpg[/img]

you have to modify your lower, so that sucks for PREBAN's
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
sorry,
i meant with a colt style upper
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#3]
it is for a Colt pattern system...
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe you were talking about the Suomi stick mags in a Colt system, right? I did a mag block for the suomi mags using my sten magblock setup but let me tell you there are a lot more issues with the suomi mags than the stens -- best to stick with the sten mags.

The Suomi mags are a hair too wide at the rear to fit in the AR mag well so they must be squeezed a bit. They will not work in a Colt magblock unless you really rework it. Then that reworked mag block will only be good for suomi's -- or stens. The suomi's have tabs on the front and rear that can't be cut off because then they won't work as designed (ATF NO-NO) so I had to notch the front and rear blocks to allow the mags to fit. The lip on the right side of the mag is just long enough that it will catch the bolt so it must be cut back a hair. The sten mags require a special magblock just like the suomi's but the stens are sooooo much easier to work with.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top