Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 2:11:18 PM EDT
Hello,

I'm new to the 9mm concept. I would like to build my own but before I need some advice from you guys.

I know there is already a lot of info  from previous threads, but it is so hard to follow you guys when I don"t have all the knowledge you have.

first of all, is there a way to get a mag block system without drilling the lower receiver? If yes, what kind of mag does it take?

Is the blowback system better than gaz return? And why?

Is there a magblock that accept curved mags?

Thanks a lot !!

WL
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
None of them require drilling into the lower.  Some are held in by set screws, and the Socom block is held in by your mag release (which means if you hit the normal mag release, the block drops out of the bottom of the lower).  Some people bolt their blocks into a designated lower so they can't accidentally drop the mag block out of the lower.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
w_l,

I was in your shoes about a month ago.  I read all the posts and finally bought an ASA upper and mag block.  It drops in from the top, so it won't ever fall out of my RRA lower.  It is a snug fit that is as perfect as it can get.  NO play.  It accepts colt and uzi mags (and the curved madsen ones you talk about).  I modified a few original uzi mags that I got from Cole Distributing for $9.95 a piece.  The whole package is awesome.  It works great with FMJs.  I think I will send my setup to JoeBlack to finish fine tuning it to run with anything I feed it.  

I highly recommend an ASA upper and block.  I love mine.  

Sorry if I sound like a poorly paid "satisfied customer" on a commercial, but it really is nice.

edited to add:  All the systems are blowback (I think), none are gas operated, hence the heavier bolt and buffer.

J
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top