Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2003 10:11:58 PM EDT
I just recieved my Colt Sporter 9mm yesterday. I have a couple of questions.

I replaced the fixed stock with a bushmaster 6 position tele stock I had on my .223 Bushy. Will the short buffer and spring that came with this stock work with the 9mm. Is there separate 9mm and .223 buffers/springs?

I dont care for the looks of this stock. I prefer the older style tele stocks. Can I use an older style stock on this 6 position buffer tube.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The buffer springs depend on the buffer tube, not the caliber being shot. 9mm/223 use the same spring. You may want to use a heavier buffer to decrease felt recoil and lower some parts wear.

I do not think the older style Colt 4 position stock will work on the newer style 6 position buffer tubes. I may be wrong as I have never tried it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Where do you get a heavier buffer? How do you tell its Hevier/Lighter? Are they marked?

Did you mean heavier buffer spring?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:13:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Colt 9mm upper and I have been using it with my 5.56/223 RRA 6-position stock with the RRA buffer and spring and it has been working fine...  I have also used this upper with a normal A2 stock assembly and it hasn't had a problem...

If I were you, I would just try it and see if it works.  If you have problems, then you can evaluate your options.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top