Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 12:40:25 PM EDT
I was thinking of purchasing a joeken firearms 9mm upper convrsion kit.  Can anyone give me an idea of the quality of there product.  Anyone with first hand experience about this brand of product please let me know.  the website to the company is www.joeken.net
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Best you wait for a more knowledgeable reply but if I remember correctly "Vulcan" is the new name for Hesse. Is this the one you were thinking about getting?
[b][blue][size=2]Vulcan A2 9mm Carbine Upper[/b][/blue][/size=2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay far away from Hesse / Vulcan... do a search for Hesse on these boards, I doubt you will find one good comment.  The name change fooled no one, Hesse by any other name is still crap!

Scot
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#3]

mike,

I just got finished building an ar (RRA lower, JT kit) for a local gun store because the Hesse ar they sold a customer just didn't work and they needed to replace it.  The Hesse upper had a gas block that would not stay in place causing the rifle to continually jam.  When I opened the rifle, the rear takedown pin came out.  I figured it needed a spring and/or detent.  It had both, but the hole was really sloppy.  The rifle looked almost new, so these problems weren't wear and tear, they were quality control problems.  

J
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:46:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If you know what is good for you, you [b]WILL STAY AWAY[/b] from Hess/Vulcan and Joeken too.

Check the AK forum for more info.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the Olympic arms 9mm upper, and the SOCOM block, allowing unmodified stens to work in it.

It is 100%, right out of the box. I can't say enough good things about it.  I haven't had one single failure, and I've shot some real crap ammo through it too.

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen where someone recommended staying away from joeken, I just ordered 2 lowers from them, did I screw-up?

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top