Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2003 5:30:46 AM EDT
Can anyone for certain confirm that the 9mm bolt/carrier in a colt setup (well, RRA specifically, which is supposed to be a duplicate) works in an M16?   Based on just looking at it, it appears that it would as the shroud area that is usually removed for an AR-15 carrier appears to be in tact.

However, in the "Is it legal to use an M16 carrier in an AR15" thread over in Legal, when someone mentions that Colt uses the same bolt/carrier in their F/A and semi 9mm guns, another person says it is false.   In researching this elsewhere, I also found a service listed on Norrell's site for converting a semi colt 9mm bolt/carrier to F/A...

Not talking about "optional/good idea" services such as ramping, etc., just whether it will work or not, as is.

Thanks,
Rocko
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
9mm bolts from the 3 non-Colt makers are M16 compatible (ASA-RRA-Garrison Mfg). 9mm bolt is exempt from the "M16" parts ruling.

No body makes a "Colt" pattern semi bolt, other than Colt some years ago, I seen it a few months ago in a Pre-Ban Colt 9mm.

Here is my Garrison Mfg bolt, friend is using an ASA in his M16.
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p50474a24a228a51f600b3da61f2d79b5/fbb78601.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top