Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 6:32:29 PM EDT
Hello,

I have read the 9mm FAQ  and I have recently obtained a stripped lower I want to build into a multiple pistol caliber configuration for plinking.  It will be semi-auto.

I wanted to start by building out to a 9mm and 22LR configuration with seperate uppers designed to be swapped without other modifications being required.

My plan was to build out the lower with a standard A2 stock, grip, and a RRA parts kit and NM trigger.  Any problems with the two-stage trigger with these?  I understand the special hammer is a Colt/RRA style requirement only.

For the 9mm, I was intending on a Socom mag adapter and a Oly post-ban upper.  I think these two items provide drop-in functionality.  I'd buy a slew of Sten mags and I believe I'd get one magazine with my Oly upper that worked without the block.  I wouldn't use the mag release on the AR, but I don't mind -- I could always buy Oly styled mags with the AR magazine sized top if I wanted to.  The standard AR buffer Spring would be used.  My understanding is people's success with this configuration is very high.

For the 22LR, I'd buy a DPMS dedicated upper, which it seems either doesn't use the buffer spring at all or will also work with the stock one.

That'd be my setup -- as bulletproof as simple as I can make it.

Am i missing anything?  Any issues with the match trigger, the 9mm or 22LR configuration, anything?

Thanks for your comments,

-Dan
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds fine to me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
[edited because its late and i now noticed your 9mm will be a Oly style]....Sorry
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for the time.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top