Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2003 2:56:40 PM EDT
Sorry to bring this up once again. I've read alot of the threads, but still need some more info to satisfy myself BEFORE I let loose with the cash. Thanks in advance for all replies.....

The upper WILL be a RRA assembly and the lower will be a semi-auto dedicated lower -

1. ASA drop in block or RRA block?
2. Do the UZI mags need to be slotted with the ASA block?
3. 9mm hammer, or ramp bolt & run with .223 hammer?
4. Any other advantages to ramping the bolt except for the hammer situation?
5. Buy mags from RRA slotted, or buy from another source and send them out with the block I'm using?

If there's something else worth noting, please do.

Thanks guys -
JIVEM
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sorry to bring this up once again. I've read alot of the threads, but still need some more info to satisfy myself BEFORE I let loose with the cash. Thanks in advance for all replies.....
View Quote

The upper WILL be a RRA assembly and the lower will be a semi-auto dedicated lower -

1. ASA drop in block or RRA block?

ASA is my vote. It holds mags and the receiver snugly, so, it repeats. No clamping pins to mess up your lower.  Drops in while upper is open

2. Do the UZI mags need to be slotted with the ASA block?

Yes, same exact slot but the slot for the bolt hold open doesn't need to be milled in.

3. 9mm hammer, or ramp bolt & run with .223 hammer?

Ramping yields a less violent hammer re cocking. In return, your hammer pins and your lower receiver hammer pin bearing material wont elongate as fast. You wont feel trigger slap (AR15 or M16...) Being able to stay with the .223 hammer is a nice by product. I ramp bolts for $70.00, includes shipping back to you.

4. Any other advantages to ramping the bolt except for the hammer situation?

See #3

5. Buy mags from RRA slotted, or buy from another source and send them out with the block I'm using?

True IMI UZI mags are the ones to get.  They are a harder material than the cheep knock offs and require carbide to mill them.  Try the RRA mags, they don't work you can send them back. You want mags with the correct size slot and in the correct position.

But trust me, the RRA mag well adapter is loose and hardly clamps into the same position twice. Yes, it does work, but, I don't like it.  Yes I have both. Plus, if the converted mags you are using have a large slot they will be even more sloppy...  You want the mags slotted the min. width so they don't flop up and down. I convert mags for $10.00ea

If there's something else worth noting, please do.

Buy lots of ammo!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top