Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/5/2003 5:02:28 PM EDT
I posted this in Cav Arms area, but I will catch people here that may not go there.

Ok we all know about the Cav arms lower. As far as uppers go, Oly makes them in all calibers, 9mm, 10mm, 40, 45. Glock mags are all over the place and are a natural to use with the Cav lower.

So right now Oly uppers, Glock mags and the soon to be released Cav lower are all available to us. WE just need a block.

What I want is to set up a an Oly 10mm upper with a Cav Arms lower using Glock mags. Why 10mm? Hi cap mags are not the issue. I like the ballistics of the 10mm. The more I look at it the more I realize how hard hitting a caliber this is. Yes, I want a GG mag block for the .45 too.

A block that would work with Glock 10mm mags will probably also work with Glock 45 mags. If the block works, then maybe we can just go ahead and design an LE only mag to work with it. When the ban drops, everyobdy gets some!

I would rather have a double stack, modern design mag over a 60+ year old mag design. Nothing wrong with the old, I just want new. Is someone else going to do it? I don't know? Can we make it work? We are willing to try. Does this help anyone besides myself? I can't make any promises. But my idea brings together 3 brand name components with one "no-name" mag block. No customizing needed. No off brand stuff. All available. If we can make one block, perhaps we could make one for the GG mag too? I can't really say.

We have day jobs so this is a side-side-side project. But I am tried of talking about it and seeing nothing happen. All we need is a block. The uppers are already out there. I make it all sound so easy.

So, who makes the best mag block you ever used? I don't care what caliber it is for or what upper it is for, Colt or Oly. just please tell me what mag blocks you like, and if possible why you like it.

PS  if you see any flaws in my idea, feel free to make suggestions.  I am trying to gather info and do first line research for the technical department.

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you are right.  Look at the Sten block.... we did it..."we" as in more then 5 people here on AR15.com, and we have the same results.

Well, first of all....

Loaded length for 10mm : 1.260"
Loaded Length for 45acp: 1.275"

Those are max loaded length.

Now, with that beingg said, if one developed a GG mag block, one could use the GG mag w/ 10mm.

Someone has modified a Colt type block to feed in a Oly 10mm Uppper.  They tweaked some mags and opened up the 9mm block.  So, in theory, a GG mag feeding 10mm in a Colt position could feed a Oly 10mm.  The ejector should clear, since it's a single feed system....
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top