Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2003 7:43:09 AM EDT
i recently bought a olympic 45 a.r.do i have any other options for mags other than the converted ones olympic sales?there so expensive!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Dalphon also has modified Grease Gun mags for $79 apiece - expensive, but at least you get 28 rounds per magazine ([url]http://www.dalphon.com/mags.html[/url]).  Also scan the EE board and the auction boards - I managed to pick up two on the EE board not too long ago.

I wouldn't buy the ones that Oly sells as they are only 10 rounders.  If you can find any .45ACP or .41 AE UZI magazines, you can send them off to Olympic to have them converted for around $25 or $35.

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the easiest option is to work with the new Cav Arms lower. I did see the prototype but didn't have a mag to test for fitting. The front spacer should be steel(so it could act as a bullet guide) and the rear could be plastic or aluminum. The other piece in question is the mag catch as the GG mag is wider. the pieces could be held in place by roll pins. The mags would have to be notched and you wouldn't be breaking any Fed laws. When I talked to the rep he said they would swap their old receivers for the new ones with the old number(plus a charge). That would be a lot easier then putting a new mag well on an existing lower.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope the Cav Arms lower will work with the Oly system - my only concern would be the location of the magaziens relative to the ejector on the upper.  

The upper that I purchased came with two Dalphon's and a modified .41AE magazine.  I decided to pick up two more mags when they came up for sale.  Although a bit pricey at $110 for two, it'll still come out to less than a new lower receiver, parts kit and mag block (when produced and if it works with the Oly system).

In the end though, no matter how you do it, a .45ACP carbine conversion is not a cheap proposition.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top