Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2003 5:13:22 AM EDT
I ordered some super brass from Starline and Im excited to work up some loads with 200gr bullets for the AR, Ill be using Power Pistol powder anybody have any good receipes? I also have a chrony so Ill be able to see what they will do.

Thanks,
Paul.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about receipies, but I've shot some Texas-ammo 45 Super from my carbine and it was pretty hot stuff. Made a serious "DONG" on the steel plates. I'm going to harvest a whitetail with it this coming season.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.realguns.com/loads/45Super.htm[/url]

Loads that use Power Pistol...  Note:  The info is user submitted....

Edit....

Also, if you got to [url]www.loadyourown.com[/url] and select "Load Data" and "Search for Pistol/Rifle", they list 45 Super data.  NOTE:  The data is user submitted, so use caution.....

The velocities listed are for pistols, so you should get 15-25% more velocity out of a 16" carbine.  So a load listed at 1300fps will around 1495-1625fps.  Enjoy.  (I bought 45 Super brass just to load mild/hot 45 ACP loads for my G21, as the brass shouldn't be stressed, more reloads for the cases.)
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Just wondering, how much difference in ejection between that standard 230 hardball and these 45 super loads?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to a indoor range last night, I had some 200gr FMJ that I loaded with 10.5gr Power Pistol. Im also using winchester magnum rifle primers, There was no preasure signs and ejection was positive to say the least, I also notice that the cases are very clean compared to the standard loads which are black after firing. I know that is common with blow back actions.This weekend I hope to get outside to chrony to see what they are doing. Ill post the results.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I think that means that they are sealing before the gas can escape and smoke the case.  Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:14:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I would have to agree with you whisper,
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top