Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2003 7:11:23 PM EDT
I've been thinking about getting a .22LR upper for an AR. The CZ.22LR gets what looks like poor reviews elsewhere in this area. How about the Ciener? Or?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Kuehl with a modified Ciener.  Cieners work, but don't expect any accuracy from the .223 bore (it's actually .224).  That's why it's better to have a dedicated upper.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:44:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried to post a link to a six month search, but it won't let me.  Try searching within the last month with '22lr'. This should provide some info.  

Dan
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a Kuehl with a modified Ciener.  Cieners work, but don't expect any accuracy from the .223 bore (it's actually .224).  That's why it's better to have a dedicated upper.
View Quote

I have a Kuehl Precision upper also, and its capable of one ragged hole 3 shot group at 25 yards, if I do my part.

Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a CLE 22 upper.  Pricy but money well spent.  The things shoots better than the nut behind the butplate.

Dan
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I checked out the CLE Web site. Pricy is right! I don't really need something that accurate, I just want an upper with carrier etc. that I can run ten rounds thru without it doing the Jam Jam boogie. I'm working on making fast double taps to a torso target at up to 50 yards using a holo sight. If it can group 4" at 50 yds that's good enough. I may try a Ciener kit and an old A1 upper. If the barrel leads up I can live with it. I've got a Ruger 10/22 that I could mount a holo on also. Different feel than the AR but getting used to the sight is what's important right now. When I'm more confident I'll switch back to 5.56mm. Thanks for the advice.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top