Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2003 3:44:56 AM EDT
I want to compare the area where an M16 sear would trip. - I have Colt bolts and both of mine appear to be M16 - I was wondering if RRA had removed any metal here - even though the goal is to make the bolts heavier, not lighter.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The RRA bolts are knockoffs of the Colt style. All but a handful off the Colt bolts are full auto as there was no need for a semi bolt since the Colt full auto bolt will not cause full auto fire without other pieces
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The RRA bolts are knockoffs of the Colt style. All but a handful off the Colt bolts are full auto as there was no need for a semi bolt since the Colt full auto bolt will not cause full auto fire without other pieces
View Quote

I was aware of that - What I need to know is if the RRA bolts have the sear trip surface milled back just enough so that they will not function F/A in a Reg Receiver.

Reason being Washington State has there own little universe of conditions of what you can HAVE, what you can USE, and what you CAN NOT... Not as bad as CA but still can get sticky.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was aware of that - What I need to know is if the RRA bolts have the sear trip surface milled back just enough so that they will not function F/A in a Reg Receiver.
View Quote

The guy at RRA told me that they use the exact same bolt for their S/A and F/A guns.

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Slight curve, here is my Garrisom Mfg 9mm bolt.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p50474a24a228a51f600b3da61f2d79b5/fbb78601.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top