Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2003 4:46:25 AM EDT
Gentlemen,
I recently purchased 15 Sten mags from CDNN for $75. ($5 each) I bought the Socom mag block, but I really do not like it. I took my mags to a local machine shop, along with the original that came with my gun. For $20 each he modified them just like the original. So for $25 ea., you have mags just like the ones from OLY.,that will charge you $65ea.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:55:03 AM EDT
[#1]
You interested in getting rid of that socom block?

Link Posted: 7/6/2003 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Oly will modify your mags for about the same price.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe Oly charges $25 for each mag to do the conversion.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I believe Oly charges $25 for each mag to do the conversion.
View Quote

[s]$35 each plus shipping, the last time I checked - a few months ago.  But I recently heard a nasty rumor that they had quit doing these conversions!  Anyone else heard that or know one way or the other for sure?[/s]

My e-mail correspondence with them said $35, but $25 sounds much better - so I [b]GLADLY[/b] stand corrected!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We still convert customer-supplied Sten or Uzi mags for $25/ea plus shipping.  

Curt
Olympic Arms
[email][email protected][/email]
View Quote

Great news!  THANKS!
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#6]
what is involved with this conversion that costs so much?  I am sitting on about 200 sten mags and would like to convert a few.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#7]
So just how do you comply with creating post ban mags by welding blocks onto the magazines that keep the preban sten mags from fitting into the weapon they were originally intended for?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#8]
thats what I keep wondering.  How does Oly get around that??????
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#9]
My thoughts on that is that they have a don't ask, don't tell policy.  Maybe they will correct me on that, but I think it is such a small market ATF is letting sleeping dogs lie.  Besides ATF could always change their mind some day and use it to get search warrent and raid Oly-Arms to get their entire customer list.  That would be a nice catch.  Its a win-win stategy for ATF.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#10]
From what I've heard, the welds are not considered permanent - the welds can be ground off and the magazine will function in a Sten again, making it legal.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am sitting on about 200 sten mags and would like to convert a few.  
View Quote

[shock] Holy shit, dude!!!!! I thought [b]I[/b] was bad sitting on 75 of them!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sitting on about 200 sten mags and would like to convert a few.  
View Quote

[shock] Holy shit, dude!!!!! I thought [b]I[/b] was bad sitting on 75 of them!!
View Quote

i got a deal and I am waiting for you guys to startt marketing those mag blocks so i can start marketing my notched mags to work with those blocks [:d]
you get your profit and so do i
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top