Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/29/2003 8:28:40 AM EDT
Can you tell me what you need to build one of these awesome carbines. And will i be able to buy it with 650? And im confused about the whole block thing can you clear some of this up for me.

Justin
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
650$ hummmmmm.......Close but i guess it can be done....Start watching the EE for good deals on used stuff....If ya gotta go NEW....Your looking at 350-425$ or so for the upper...85-100$ for the lower (FFL required), figure $50 for the lower parts kit,$75-125$ for a RRA mag block....The Mag block is an adapter that goes in the stock magwell to accept colt or converted uzi mags....Youve got 2 ways to go here....Colt style, or Oly style.....Colt style has the mag in the middle of the mag well and uses colt or converted uzi mags and the Oly style uses OLy mags or converted sten mags.....Theres also some things in the works to use converted Sten mags in the colt style...Confused yet?.......Start by reading the 9mm FAQ and go back and read some older posts that will bring ya up to speed.....Either way i think youll have fun
[url]http://www.4matman.com/clan/downloads/video/Video032.wmv[/url]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I AM VERY CONFUSED!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok so this new UZI mag block does it fit on the oly upper or what I am confused!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
No the "new" uzi block is to use UNMODDED uzi's in colt style systems.....First things first...Do you want a colt style [img]HTTP://users.adelphia.net/~masine/9mm1.bmp[/img]
or and Oly style system?
[img]HTTP://users.adelphia.net/~masine/oly.bmp[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I def want a colt defeinetly! can you help me?

Justin
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I only know of one place to get complete 9mm colt style rifles....ASA (oh and colt but thats LE only)Anyway.....Lets take this slowly ok?
1.Youll need an upper assy.,RRA and ASA (and colt if youve got a preban lower)and a couple others i cant remember make uppers...I went with RRA, If your on a budget then get an A2 upper so you dont have to buy optics,And shop around, RRA A2 uppers are 450$ on there site but you can find them cheaper.....
2.you need a mag adapter...There are several options here,,RRA..goes in from the bottom,,ASA goes in from the top....Both are 1 piece but the RRA retains the hold open feature(only if you use Colt mags$$$$$)also there are several 2 piece blocks out there...All these use Colt mags$$$ or modded Uzi mags(mag catch and rear notch cut)..The "new uzi block" uses stock uzi mags but im not sure off the status of this one..Also theres plans floating around to use modded sten mags and a 2 piece block, but this might be a little too much for a first time build
3.9mm buffer and CAR recoil spring.....If you use the A2 stock,fixed car or M4 stock,or Ace stock youll need the 9mm spacer also..
4.Uzi mags....25 rounders go for 10$ or so 32 roundrs like 20$ and up...And someone to cut the mag catch and notch....Factory colt mags..$$$$$$ but retain the hold open feature..
5.9mm hammer...Only like a 8$ item....Or if you please you can have your 9mm bolt ramped for 70$ by JoeBlack and use the stock hammer and ease the stress on your lower(Shameless plug No.3 Joe LOL).....
Everything else is stock AR stuff,,,Lower,lower kit etc.etc.etc.
9mm carbines make excellent 75yard and less rifles and are suprisingly accurate,Recoil is like 75% of milspec 5.56 stuff,Downsides?...They are Blowback operated so they are DIRTY! and it seems everyone who builds one has problems at first..but with help from the boards debugging is not a problem.....Anyway hope i dont confuse you more And im sure if anything i said is wrong or if they want to add anything someone will chime in,And as allways YMMV...........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't buy from ASA. You'll thank me later.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:45:39 AM EDT
[#8]
underdog, I dont even know where to order this stuff LOL But I am orderiing the new UZI mag dealy. Can I build a 9mm ar for 650?

Justin
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Like i said dude,It depends on what kinda deals you can find......What i would do is Save a little more money so you can get what you want and dont have to compromise..............Udog
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Under dog u have been the best help I am going to  order the new uzi mag block today!

Justin
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:40:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Underdog,

Where in the heck do you get uzi 25 rd mags fro $10???
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Under dog u have been the best help I am going to  order the new uzi mag block today!

Justin
View Quote

No problem dude, Thats what the boards are about...Just dont forget to post pics when your done....
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Underdog,

Where in the heck do you get uzi 25 rd mags fro $10???
View Quote

Got 10 used 25round uzis for 99.95$ from [url]http://www.coledistributing.com/[/url]....Its not on there website so call them...or you can get new 25 rounders for 14.99 i think...Anyway my 10 were in really good shape just minor surface wear.................UNDERDOG
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top