Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2003 3:46:39 PM EDT
Anybody put a lot of rounds through a OA .45 upper yet? I am wondering how the spring wire ejector mounted in the receiver holds up. Like if it is prone to breaking or enlarging the pin holes.
Also, I am going to replace the upper with a flat top. Should I wait and see what kind of mag blocks become available before modifying a new flat top? The block seems like a nicer place for the ejector.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Put about 2000 rounds thru my 45 before the ejector broke. I bought it used but I believe the previous owner didn't put that many thru it before me. Bought a new heavier spring from Oly that had to be fitted. They said the heavier spring would last longer. The guy fron support said it should last 3 times the length of the original. The new spring made the carbine very fussy about ammo. With the old spring the gun would eat anything, with the new spring I had to use ball, jhp, or truncated cone for reliably. Could use swc before which made it cheaper to shoot, but that is a different story.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, detbob. I wonder now if they are putting the heavier part in the new uppers and if I already have it. I guess I will try it out for a while before adapting a flat top. Unfortunatly, OA's flat top version is not what I want.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top