Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 9:29:05 AM EDT
What kind of mag is this?.........Its a heavy gauge double stack 9mm SMG mag,tapers up to single feed,30 round..And apears unaltered...It works in my 9mm AR15....

Thanks..........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#1]
South African.  I think CTD or CDNN was selling these a few years ago.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 1:40:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
South African.  I think CTD or CDNN was selling these a few years ago.
View Quote

Ding, Ding, Ding... I believe we have a winner!

I bought several of them a few years ago... that's what they look like to me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
South african what?  Uzi? dosent fit an uzi...Is it made for the colt style AR 9mm'ers.....UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought them from CDNN as "South African AR-15 9mm mags."
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

cool thanks, are yours a little tight in the mag well?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

cool thanks, are yours a little tight in the mag well?
View Quote

Yup.  They are great mags.  I have a few.  Some are "tight" while others were "way loose".  I solved the loose ones by putting some metal tape (not duct tape) on them to take up the slack.

Looking at them, that is where I got the idea of using Sten's in the Colt system...since the South Africans and Sten mags look so close a like.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks kaliburz, Got any leads on any more? What are you doing with yours now that you are using sten mags?..........UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks kaliburz, Got any leads on any more? What are you doing with yours now that you are using sten mags?..........UNDERDOG
View Quote

I'm not quite sure where to find more of those mags.  Once in a while some pop up in EE and on the auction sites.  A few times, some people post ventors (web sites) that have them.  But as with any "mag", the quality varies.  As I said, some I ordered were "loose" and required shimming.  Good enough for play mags I would say.

My Colt mag block mags are in a drawer right now.  I think I have 6 of the SA mags, and a few of the Uzi type.  And a few other kinds for the Colt block.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 3:32:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Underdog
I'll be putting 5 of these (along with some other stuff) up for sale on the EE this weekend.  Shoot me an e-mail if you want first dibs or they should be up sometime Saturday.

Steve
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top