Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 11:48:30 AM EDT
I've got a new ASA 9mm upper that the block fits in from the top inside of the receiver..the block I presently have fits so tight that it has to be installed & removed with a rubber mallet..I am being sent another block by the seller....my question is (and I have NOT shot it yet)...those that have used these types, which operates / shoots better a tight block like I have or a loose block that fits in and out with complete ease..and also the block that fits tight also allows the mags to "rock" back and fort a little..does this tend to cause problems? Thanks again for all that reply!!   jackpot
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I have an ASA adapter and upper.  But I use it in a Cav-15 (Cavalry Arms).  The adapter fits snug, but not too snug that I can't push/pull it by hand.

Now I did try the adapter in a few standard AL lowers and a few would not even allow it to fit.  I can't recall which it was.  I think my RRA is one and an old pre ban Oly (the old stop sign marked one).  I haven't tried the other AL lower AR's I have though....

The adapter and mag 'rock a litte', but i have no problems with it.  Usually the problems are feed problems related to the mag and not the adapter.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
mine is tight in my eagle arms/armalite lower.  can't even get it started in my bushmaster lowers
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 4:06:54 AM EDT
[#3]
My fits tight in my Rock River lower, but I can pull out by hand.My gun functions perfect will
the ASA mag block.The only problem is the one
bad follower in a mag.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top