Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/16/2003 3:59:00 AM EDT
I have decided to make the updated LEO mag followers for the Colt M19/9mm mags. The update kit will include extra power spring and Delren follower (specs taken from LEO followers). This is long overdue simply because of COLT's no service policy. If you are interested please contact via email [email protected] and state how many you would like. The kits will be about $ 30 depending on how many people are interested.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:43:14 AM EDT
[#1]
That is great and am glad to hear that somebody is stepping up to the plate and has the capability to fabricate those followers.  It has become quite frustrating over the years dealing with Colt's customer NO-Service on this issue.  Count me in.  I'll take 5 to start with....
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Where were you last year when only one of my 635s was reliable?

We wound up trading them in for M4s. I agree on the issues with Colt. We had been bugging them about this for a few years, and they wouldn't do anything to help.

The 635 series has alot of promise. I noted that they were a little more accurate than MP-5s and reloads were much, much faster. The system could be easily changed (by a factory) to use .40 cal, and they could offer a factory SD version. If Colt would just work out the danged reliability issues...

The AW ban also killed LE development for this weapon. Without the extensive civilian market to backstop the LE sales, there was no incentive to develop new or updated versions. We had so many problems with the 635 that we finally got rid of them, though it would have been nice to have a couple of SD 635s, especially in .40....
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe times have changed but I only paid $25 each for LEonly Colt mags. Might be cheaper to just buy LEOmags and throw the magazine bodies away rather than gear up for production.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#4]
David, maybe I am missing something here. Since I can't accept LEO mags, who do you suggest that I buy them from? Also, what dealer that can buy them is going to sell me the follower and scrap the tubes, which of course if a dealer starts destroying LEO mag tubes and selling the followers don't you think that the dealers reputation with Colt might be in conflict? Your thoughts please.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#5]
TFA,

I would think that if a dealer wouldn't want a sale then thats his loss. All he has to do is make an order and pull the follower, spring, base and toss the body or sell it to a LEO.. Nothing illegal there.
"if a dealer starts destroying LEO mag tubes and selling the followers don't you think that the dealers reputation with Colt might be in conflict?"  Is Colt going to know this?? Does Colt really care?? Probably not.  A sale is a sale, even if you only want a single piece of the product.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe times have changed but I only paid $25 each for LEonly Colt mags. Might be cheaper to just buy LEOmags and throw the magazine bodies away rather than gear up for production.
View Quote

I'd suggest making them out of Glass Filled Delrin. With qty, should be 8-$10ea for just the follower.....
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top