Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2003 9:40:57 PM EDT
Guy claims it's a Modified Oly 9mm system but uses .223 type bolt face ejector?  Anyone know if this works and if so how?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3608589155&category=31709
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:58:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know, but if I remember correctly Tony at Tromix mentioned something like that a long time ago.  I have no idea if he actually built one one like that though.  One odd thing in the add is that he mentions the bolt is ramped, and there is no need for a 9mm hammer.  I thought only the Colt style needed the 9mm hammer or the bolt ramped.  Sounds neat though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Elmer Balance here in Texas does that.  He takes a standard .223 bolt and mills the face of the bolt to accept 9mm rounds.  Works okay but the metal sure is thin after milling down to accept 9mm round.  Don't know how to get in touch with Elmer.  I see him at the gunshows here in Texas once in awhile.  He was the one that had the Springfield Armory name to build M1A1's (semi M14).

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Who can put a fake flash-hider (post-ban legal) like that on my upper? Or who sells 'em like that?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top