Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2003 8:23:58 AM EDT
I am thinking of having a 9mm barrel made that is 16" in length and .936/1" at the muzzle so i can use a DPMS bull barrel A2 front site.  then having it backbored so there is only 10" of rifling.  anyone had this done or seen it done, what are your thoughts?  I am also leaning towards assembling it in dissipator format.  anyone done this or seen a 9mm AR dissipator?  
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#1]
It's going to be heavy, but can be done. Why not just go SBR route?  Making a barrel for the 9mm Colt pattern is straight forward though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're concerned about sight radius buy a match rear and front sight aperture, or pick up a nice dot sight.  I had problems with grouping too but then I tried the above.  Made a big difference.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
my plan is to thin the front 6" out as much as possible and to flute the 10" over the rifling. this should reduce the weight enough.  I also like the A2 length handguards more.  it isn't really a sight radius issue.  i do plan on building an SBR, but i am in the process of moving back to MN from CA.  the prob is that i will be moving to an interim apt there.  i want to wait til i find a more permanent place before i start the process.  also if i find a couple of places i'm more likely to get the place with a "friendly" CLEO.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top