I ramp 9mm bolts for $70.00 Here is a pic of a ramped vs non ramped:

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.sogarmory.com/ProductImages/0061a_3.jpg[/img]

Looks like a button release...but why?
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I like it.

I think the button is for unmodified magazines.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The part was seen floating around the SHOT SHOW this past Feburary. Also talked about in the "Sten Mag to Colt" thread tacked at top of page....

I have one on order from an FFL in MD. He mailed  me and said I could piggyback on his order,, He is getting 3. We been waiting since first of March. Ordered direct through V M Hy-Tech, they are the people making it. Retail is $125 through Hy-Tech.

Hy-tech is finishing a batch of 500, due for shipment about now, so I hope to see mine soon.

Mairo-FAMO is getting the other, and the dealer is getting one. I am the test dummy for the part at Subguns. Currently a thread running there, may fall off the board tomorrow sometime.

Uses plain Uzi mags, so it should hold a mag tighter/straighter than the Colt clones, as it was made for the Uzi mag.

Borrowed from Subguns:
[b][blue]SOG Armory in Texas for $139. V M Hy-Tech makes it and retail is $125. Still waiting for current batch of 500 to be delivered, as I been waiting since a week or 2 after Shot Show to get one, Dealer has 3 ordered, so we should be seing ours soon in this or next week.

V M Hy Tech
1217 W Hatcher Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85021-0512
Phone:(602)944-3956

*****I elected myself to be the test dummy with this product a while back, so that is my title.
[/blue][/b]
View Quote

[img]www.sogarmory.com/ProductImages/0061_3.jpg[/img]
I was hoping that they would have extended the well down like the Uzi, and set the release so it work exactly like the Uzi, but they have the release pivoting the wrong way, and nothing to bump the tabs on the Uzi mag there below the catch... see the gap. I have an extra Uzi mag catch, have to see if it can be fitted, making mag change a whole lot easier..
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
That button better be easy to hit or it will become a source of a lot of complaints.

I don't know why they would take a very well designed product and give you a small mag release like that- seemingly disslocated from all ergonomic and reachable locations (except to use with the left hand holding mag.)
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Do any of you know if the above block will work with OLYARMS uppers or only Colt and Dalphon?  The only block I could find on the market right now that will work with Olys is the SOCOM block also from SOG:

http://www.socommfg.com/images/9adapt2.jpg

Any input on other blocks available?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#6]
It is for the "COLT" pattern upper.  Sten mags can be used in the COLT system if you modify the 2 piece Colt style blocks as described in the thread titled "Sten mags in the Colt" tacked up top. There is supposed to be a run of blocks alredy in the modified form, but those are 2 1/2 month past due.

For the Oly system, the best way to go is the SOCOM block, and plain STEN mags.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:03:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have a pic of this in a rifle?

I really like the looks and thought behind this one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone have a pic of this in a rifle?

I really like the looks and thought behind this one.
View Quote

No, not yet, I'm still waiting for this batch of 500 units to ship, we got 3 coming from this batch, and 1 of them is [b]mine-mine-mine-mine!![/b]
The part is new, been waiting since March 12, 2003 for delivery. It was reported seen at the SHOT SHOW, after I had posted at Subguns.com and asked if anybody was making a mag block to accept "plain" Uzi mags.

Amphibian posted back that he seen a part that fit my inquiry, and somebody gave me the manufacturers phone #. I been thinking using an Uzi magwell that was removed from the frame when doing the M3 magwell conversion, and welding it to a set of steel blocks,,,,,but nobody makes a steel Colt pattern magblock.

As far as the "looks" and "thought"....
I'm with GreenO with his comment:
That button better be easy to hit or it will become a source of a lot of complaints.

I don't know why they would take a very well designed product and give you a small mag release like that- seemingly disslocated from all ergonomic and reachable locations (except to use with the left hand holding mag.)
View Quote

I may look at using the spare mag catch off the Uzi well I have, as it is kinda STUPID to have to operate the release backwards of std Uzi operating procedure-- as you would simply grab mag with left hand, push release with thumb and slide right out at same time, that button is totally ASS BACKWARDS!!!!!!! AND PROTECTED AT THAT. Nothing some time with a TIG, and mill wont remedy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#9]
How will this thing fit the mag well?  Will the uzi mags opperate better then converted ones?  thank you
GL
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How will this thing fit the mag well?
View Quote

Not sure what you are asking, but it will install similar to a Colt style block, and be retained by the mag catch. Unknown if it will have internal locking like the Colt pattern.

Will the uzi mags opperate better then converted ones?
View Quote

Do not think there would be a difference, because all you are modifying is cutting a notch for the Colt mag catch to hold the mag, hoping it is the correct height. The block is set up to use the existing Uzi mag catch, thus saving you the expense of "chopping" a mag catch notch in hopefully the right position. Also the mags should fit the adapter better, it was cut for Uzi mags. It is my understandig that the Colt mag has a slight larger outside dimension, leaving Uzi mags a bit sloppy in the Colt magwell, causing reliable feed problems
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Pardon me for being selfish, but I LIKE where the button is...  Being a lefty, I'm envisioning being able to hit the mag release button with my trigger finger just like you right-handed folks can do on a regular AR (without spending $89 on the INCREDIBLE Ambi-Catch).

Hopefully, if they do make an updated version for the other 993 out of 1000 of you, maybe I can still get my hands on an "original" when you guys upgrade.  :)
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#12]
That button is just all wrong, it should be just like std Uzi, so all you do is grab mag with palm, "thumb" the release, and pull mag right out---
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p1145190b1ef12729a5feb389a9af68ce/fc0dfc3c.jpg[/img]

This is the idea I had last Nov for the magwell adapter, but nobody makes steel blocks to weld the factory Uzi magwell to.---
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p696729bea3f18837206c28b5ee0c9ebb/fc0dfa92.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Any updates on this yet...I want one!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Doing the Bump
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:31:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any updates on this yet...I want one!
View Quote

Tue-April 22-- mail from Lane:

"The guy told me that they are almost done with a run of 500 units.  He thought they would be shipping in about 10 days.  He remembered me from before, which I think is a good sign.  We are definitely in this batch."

[blue]That means maybe ship May 2nd??????????[/blue]

Fri-May 16-- mail from Mario-FAMO:

"I talked to VM Hy Tech today about the insert.  They are complete except for the andonizing.  He expects to ship them in about two weeks."

[blue]OOOOPPSSSS, maybe ready to ship May 28?????????[/blue]

Fri-May 30-- mail from Lane:

"Hal, the company called me Wednesday and will be ready to ship in 2 weeks.  Just wanted you to know that things are getting closer."

[b][blue]WTF??????? 2 more weeks??????????????[/blue][/b]

For costing less than a Colt pattern block, and savings on per mag not having to do notching,,, this thing BETTER BE WORTH THE WAIT!!!!

Best info I can due as of today, been waiting since initial order on March 12-2003. Keeps getting put off 2+ weeks everytime somebody calls. Maybe I should call and seem interested??

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Just FYI

I ordered one of these online last night from SOG and got a call this morning telling me they may be another month?

anyplace else to buy them?

Joe
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Call Hy-Tech direct, as per info a bunch of posts up above. Hy-tech said $125 retail, and SOG is marking up another $14..... The FFL that is getting mine is getting 3, and all those are spoken for.   The product is new to the market place, and not even out there yet.

Call Hy-Tech tomorrow, and post your findings here.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I just called -- they ( VM Hy-Tech) weren't really open yet but the person that answered said that the magblocks should be available in about 2 weeks. He said to call back later and ask for a sales person if I wanted prices, etc.
edit to update;
I called back and got a fellow named John -- he said the magwell adapters should be ready in about a week or two. Their address has changed just in case somebody wants to order one -- They have moved into a larger place and it is now:

VM Hy-Tech
2701 W. Grovers Ave.
Suite 100A
Phoenix, AZ  85053
The phone number listed previously is still good. Their first run is 500 and they have 100 spoken for already. The price is still $125 and S/H is $7.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#19]
A weekly update anyone?

I am just real pumped for this one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Posting at Subguns last week indicated the part should be start deliver this week............

I have not heard yet from FFL that is geeting 3 for us.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I got to see the prototype this last weekend at a gun show here in Phoenix. I know 2 of the people that work there and made a few suggestions about this product, mostly everything you all have said above. The button does indeed go the wrong way to the Uzi. The one they had at the show didn't have a finish on it and it still looked good. Cool thing about this is that you won't wear your receiver when loading mags unlike the other style will.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 11:08:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Hi guys,
  Just hung up from talking with John at Hy-Tech. He said they are still about a week out from being done, but didn't mention any changes other than the price is going to be going up.
He said I did get under the wire at the $125 price though.

I'm mailing a check tomorrow.

Joe
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Them guys are getting to be real [size=3][b][red]PAIN IN THE ASS[/red][/b][/size=3].  My guy says he got a call from John, says 2 weeks, and that was on May 30...  

Just get your name in there,, tell them you are not sending money, as they have been dragging their feet, keep saying "should be ready in 2 more week", or "1 more week" for the last 2 months.         Their story is getting old.

We do not have any money invested in this place, just our names on the list of delivery.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Update:

FFL in MD who is getting 3 (already sold) mailed me today---
[blue]
"spoke with HY-Tech Thursday and they were saying 3 days to delivery. They tried to raise the price on me, but didn't work.  While the new retail is $149, we're still good at the old price.  I paid them Friday".[/blue]

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I called today to buy one & the main man John, I think was not there.The guy I talked to said the had over 100 buyers waiting but it was going to be another week before they were ready.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:08:43 AM EDT
[#26]
I called this morning and spoke with John.  Nice guy.  Very enthusiastic about his products.  Again, he stated there were a few delays, but he expected to recieve the first batch "shortly".  

He said the price through the end of June was $125+ shipping.  I'll mail him a check.

He also stated he has a new address:
V M Hy Tech
Attn: John Cencioso
2701 W. Grovers
Phoenix, AZ 85053
Phone:(602)944-3956
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:21:27 AM EDT
[#27]
SBR7_11,

Have you gotten a chance to use the adapter yet?  Give us a product review! [bounce]

Dawg
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I was hoping somebody had gotten their hands on one of these magwell adapters by now -- anybody have any luck yet?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I checked these out at shot show. I even made some of the same suggestions to the owner of the company, a guy named Volly (or something like that, a foreigner). I would of even settled for having the button bigger to be able to hit with gloves on. NOPE, it is his way, and only his way. his was the best way and he did not even want to hear it.

I then asked him a what if question. I asked if I buy like 300 of them, would he make the changes I wanted. He said no. So if the sales guy is saying they are thinking of the changes, dont count on it, he is just a sales guy making a customer temporarily happy. There is some potential here, I hope someone else starts making this but actually listens to the customers.......
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
SBR7_11,

Have you gotten a chance to use the adapter yet?  Give us a product review! [bounce]

Dawg
View Quote

Do not have the adapter yet. MarioFAMO and I are in on an order with a FFL that ordered 3 in March. Finally sent payment to FFL last week, as according to JOHN, they were ready to ship, and Mario and I were hoping to have the adapters in hand for Bulletfest, but John at Hy-Tech still has not delivered. What could be so hard about cuting a square hole in a block of aluminum, addin a Colt ejector, and a mag catch????  We are coming up on 4 months, to make 500 pieces on CNC machinery...... Then John tried to jack the price another $25 per, and decided to keep price till end of June, and we still do not have our part. The F'n web site has been changed again, and like the last site, all the links are "under construction"...

I ended up borrowing an ASA drop in block and mag from a friend w/M16, just so I could see upper fire more than 1 round at a time, suppressed at that....

Only thing accomplished this past week and today is: Went to Bulletfest, finished a jet-ski motor rebuild, and ski removed from my driveway today,,,,, my suppressor from Mike Klos showed up 9:30 this morning, appears to be WARRIOR, paid him for the upgrade, holes a bit smaller than the Triple-X I sent.

Maybe I need to call John, and see what the story is...  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:45:36 AM EDT
[#31]
SBR7_11,
 Just for a laugh I tried your idea and it will work. I got the Uzi mag tower and
hand-built the front and rear pieces out of steel. I had an ejector that I mounted on the rear piece with SS screws. I wanted to see if this would work with my .357sig upper without having to modify the darn Uzi mags all the time. There is a way to fix the top of the rear piece to keep the adapter from being droped out when the wrong magazine release is used but I don't know if it will work on the Hy-Tech model since I haven't seen one yet. By the way, since I used steel front and rear parts the adapter is a little heavy! Also, I didn't weld the parts together -- I ground off the little tongue and left the spot welded tab on the front so there would be enough metal for threads. I did the same on the rear of the mag tower so the front and rear pieces are held in place by screws. I did this so I could have some adjustment of the parts up and down, right and left because these are hand made parts and are not perfect. This could mean that if some old two piece magwell parts are ever located they could be held in with screws -- no welding necessary.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#32]
VM Hy-tech cashed my check a few days ago, so hopefully it will be soon.

Still waiting on my upper from RRA soooooo.....

Joe
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#33]
SBR7_11,

Is this what you had in mind with those old Uzi magazine towers? This works great in my 9mm -- I haven't tried the .357sig yet.
[img]http://images.ofoto.com/photos202/4/32/64/74/64/0/64746432405_0_ALB.jpg[/img]
[img]http://images.ofoto.com/photos202/4/32/64/74/15/0/15746432405_0_ALB.jpg[/img]
[img]http://images.ofoto.com/photos202/4/32/74/56/17/0/17567432405_0_ALB.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 3:01:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, that was the basic idea, but was hoping to either narrow the area that would insert into the magwell where you cut part of it away, then reduce the thickness of the front and rear blocks by the same thickness as the basic tower material, then weld blocks to the tower,,,, or set of blocks that came to bottom of the magwell, and cut lower half of tower off and attach to bottom of the blocks, trick again would be to have mag/uzi catch in correct position...... But you have accomplished the basic idea I had last year, before Hy-Tech decided to make the block out of aluminum.

You put my thoughts into a prototype. Very Good!

I painted your pic with what I had thought how to do it. The heavy black should be the actual lower, and the lime green the extended blocks that would be welded to the tower (red dots), the blue would be the sides that would be narrowed .011 per side if you were to use the whole tower into the AR magwell, or cut the tower off the AR lower magwell opening.
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/pd6994a6af1d9c3059f73da000e4dcd52/fbc11da3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:26:53 AM EDT
[#35]
SBR7_11,
  I liked your idea and I like your fill-ins on the blocks. This was just an exercise to see if it would work and it does -- you were right. If I had a choice I would have made the rear block from aluminum and cut the front block as you show it to reduce the weight. The reason I removed the middle section or bridge at the top of the mag tower was I found that because they are thin, they flexed if I put any front/rear or side pressure on the unit and caused a lot of pressure on the sides of the magazines -- made it hard to insert/remove. Funny thing is I put a little tab on the top, right next to the area that the bolt-catch finger rests on and it will keep the mag from falling out or being released by mistake. If the Hy Tech magwell unit ever hits the market I'll have to get one and try the "Anti Drop" thing on it.
By the way -- thanks for the idea and input, it was fun working on it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:38:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Placed a call to Hy-Tech on Monday, July-7, fella says first 100 or so will ship Friday July-11------ HMMM,,,,,HMMMMMM,,,,HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, should I get excited? Or maybe another 2 weeks?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#37]
*Sigh*

So much trouble with these mag blocks...

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:48:14 AM EDT
[#38]
[sleep]
Still no magwell adapter???? I wonder if they discovered a problem with these adapters?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:27:47 AM EDT
[#39]
I called John yesterday and he said they were having some problems with the springs that work the mag catch.He said that they had them comming in and were going to ship by this friday.I have already paid for one but I am starting to wonder what the hell is going on !!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:02:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Yea, the stupid mag release is backwards, need to set up using std paddle type Uzi catch in the correct position/direction.

Leave a little more material on the bottom of the adapter and start buying Uzi mag release levers from Vector.

They did manage to get some more items listed in their links on their web site recently.
[url]http://www.vmhytech.com/tactical.html[/url]
[img]http://www.vmhytech.com/images/inserted2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#41]
I am about to get a 9mm upper and am interested in this. But with what I have read about this company....They sure are giving people the run around, plus the fact they have already cashed some peoples checks and still dont know when they will deliver. I think I am going to stay clear of this company....is it me or does this company seem screwy......
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#42]
This just in......

John,

We will start shipping tomorrow, Friday 7/18.

Thanks for your interest.

John Cencioso
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:58:28 AM EDT
[#43]
The price was up to $149....but I asked about the earlier $125 price...here's what he replied:

"John

We had a price increase on 7/1/03.

But I'll make you a deal.....

For any AR15.COM members who order by July  31, 2003,  I'll give the "discount".  

So for you and your cohorts it's $125 until the end of this month.

When you post this, tell them that you're responsible for the discounted price.  Wouldn't have happened without you.

Regards,

John"

He sounds like a pretty good guy to me....My money order will be it today's mail!!!!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Im not buying tell i find out how good it works!

Justin
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#45]
For those of us who are getting this....is there a surefire way to lock this in our magwell so we don't accidentally drop it out by hitting the original mag release....away that still looks good too?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#46]
The  first shipments of adaptors left with ups yesterday, FINALLY rite?? And the mag catch does need to be flipped over for better holding, great idea ppl. working on it, thanks, sorry bout the delay.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#47]
HK_DUDE,
    I'm not sure if this will work on the VM Hy-Tech magblock since I have not seen one other than the picture of the block from the side. I put a steel tab on top held by a 8x32 button head screw on the version that I built from SBR7_11's idea. I just slide the unit in and flip the tab around so the tip is under the bolt stop in the lower and tighten the screw.

[img]http://images.ofoto.com/photos422/4/5/84/4/62/0/62048405405_0_ALB.jpg[/img]
That's the screw and tab on the lower right. It's not pretty but it worked on my block.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And the mag catch does need to be flipped over for better holding, great idea ppl.
View Quote

Uuuuhhhh ........... what does this mean?

Flipping over the mag catch?

Thanks ;)

Joe
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#49]
AR-fan....all I see is a red X...damn those red Xs..
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#50]
My pictures seem to come and go -- time maybe to find another photo location.

Try this - [url]http://images.ofoto.com/photos422/4/5/84/4/62/0/62048405405_0_ALB.jpg[/url]

You'll be looking at the top rear of the magwell conversion and you can just kinda see the ejector (held in place by 6x32 screws) and to the right of that is the little screw and tab. The screw can be loosened and the tab turned around to face forward so the unt can be removed, or turned to face the rear and sit on the deck that the bolt-hold-open rests on and then tighten the screw. The unit now not only won't fall out -- you can't pull it out either.

now please keep in mind I slaped the magwell thing together with parts I had left over from other projects so it ain't pretty but it works great. I also don't know if this can work on the VM Hy-tech unit but it might give somebody that gets one a good place to start.

By the way -- the url for this 2nd picture shows the unit in the lower receiver and the button head screw can be seen just on the other side of the ejector. The tab under the screw is facing the rear and is holding the unit in place. My setup doesn't even have a notch for the standard AR mag catch.
[url]http://images.ofoto.com/photos202/4/32/64/74/15/0/15746432405_0_ALB.jpg[/url]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top