Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2003 2:16:26 PM EDT
Anyone tried the 60 grain Aguila SSS ammo with a M261 kit?  Will this bullet stabilize in a 1x7 AR barrel?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC the round stabilizes in 1x8 and faster twists, the 1x10 is not good enough.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:17:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Shot some in a Colt M4 barrel with 1/7 twist.  Got good accuracy out to 100 yards with no signs of instability.  It was great fun to shoot in full auto with a supressor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#3]
The round stabilizes in a 1:9.5 inch twist NOMINAL or faster barrel.

I have two 10/22's with those barrels and I fired some through my 1/9 11.5 AR and the Aguila's grouped 1/2in at 50yds with the AR.

The 10/22s group better than that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
  I had alot of ejection problems with the 60gr Aguilla ammo- mainly [sorta?]stovepipes. Think the little 22 short case was actually 'bouncing' back into the receiver at times. This was in a military conv., haven't tried it in my Ceiner yet. Both units work well with Rem.,CCI or WW h.v. ammo. Bears further research. Grossly over-priced for 3rd world ammo[dirty].
 SHOULD be the ticket for 1/7 bbls. May keep a 1/9 Colt for a 22 to utilize cheaper ammo. Ghost
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top