Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 10:18:01 AM EDT
Yesterday I went into a gun shop just to look around. I saw that they had a couple of AR's but no 9mm like I wanted. So I asked the shop's owner if they sold Oly 9mm guns. He said that he just pulled one out of his personal collection. He claimed that he's only had it for 8 months and that he's only taken it out once and shot 50 rounds through it and he didn't like it because he couldn't get the mag to load past 20 rounds. So I looked it over and broke it down and inspected the bolt and barrel to look for wear. It looked very clean so I asked him what he wanted for it. He said $795. I stated that I was really only looking for an upper. He jumped in and told me that he'd sell me the upper seperately. I asked how much, he said $350 with the mag! I tried to not act excited and tried to get him to go down more, but he wouldn't budge. (It never hurts to ask!) Knowing that they go for $495 new, I jumped on it.

I took it out later that day and put 100 rounds through it and sighted it in. (The owner never used the iron sites, he had an ACOG on it). It ate all 100 rounds flawlessly. The only concern it that to get it sighted in I had to move the rear site 15 clicks to the right. Not a huge deal since this is more of a toy for me than anything, but I was wondering if this sounded excessive and if I should send it to Oly to get it re-indexed? Or do I need to do something else with it? Also I'm going to need to buy a lot of cheap ammo so shoot with it. Any recommendations? I already know about the 100 rd value packs at Walmart. Does anyone shoot Wolf or Blazer through theirs? I only ask because the upper seems to be a little hard on the ammo cases sometimes so I don't think that I'll reload it.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my good fortune with everyone here and also say thanks for helping me make my decision.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:11:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats. That was a good deal. My wifes shoots anything we feed it. 15 clicks is pushing it a little, but not too bad. You could go either way. If its hitting good now you could leave it, or send it back to Oly for re-indexing.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#2]
you are lucky, i wish i could run across a deal like that.

[beer]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top