Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2002 7:27:01 AM EDT
I have been looking for a Sten mag loader, what have the rest of you had good results with?  I just found one that CDNN carries, have any of you used it or have any experience with it?  Who else carries them?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.ima-usa.com/p6c.html[/url]

The one I bought is from them and it works excellent!! If you are going to load Stens this is a must have tool!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
What HighlandMac said....

Here is a pic of the one I got for my M11 at the crossroad show a few weeks ago.. It makes life much more fun. [uzi]

[img]http://members.cox.net/randy3gun/macsten.jpg[/img]

[img]http://members.cox.net/randy3gun/stenloader.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
OR, if you are cheap like me....

If you have an extra Glock mag loader (9mm or .40 cal) you can cut off the front end of it and it will perfectly accommodate the Sten mags.  I never use the Glock mag loaders anyway.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#4]
HighlandMac has it. The British Box type. I have a Sten Mk.II with 34 magazines. I have tried a couple mag loaders and this is the one to buy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 5:38:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the help, thats what I needed to know!  I will be ordering one shortly.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#6]
CDNN has sten mag loaders for $4.99.  They are designed and made in Finland.  I just ordered 2 and I'll let you guys know if it works.  They also have Uzi mag loaders for $ 2.99.  I ordered 2 of those also.

Booker
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
CDNN has sten mag loaders for $4.99.  They are designed and made in Finland.  I just ordered 2 and I'll let you guys know if it works.  They also have Uzi mag loaders for $ 2.99.  I ordered 2 of those also.

Booker
View Quote

The CDNN loaders do work, but are a pale second compared to the box/ring type loader pictured above.  With the box/ring type loader, I can load sten mags literally as fast as I can push cartridges into the mag - under 30 seconds for a full sten mag if you're trying.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:06:26 AM EDT
[#8]
This topic been around a few times. Refer to link, it has pictures.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=138039&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#9]
ditto to highlandmac.

brass knuckles ring type is the best.

tried the others and they are just not as efficient.

go to ima
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top