Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2002 5:50:56 PM EDT
I want to put one of them fancy schmancy colt style 9mm shell deflectors on my Oly.  What RRA parts do I need exactly?

BTW, will it really deflect my shells from being thrown into the next county?
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to put one of [i]them fancy schmancy[/i] colt style 9mm shell deflectors on my Oly.  What RRA parts do I need exactly?
View Quote

Boom, give those guys at RRA a call.  They will know exactly what you need.  They know their stuff, and are very enthusiastic about ARs and helping out other AR lovers.  When you talk to them, could you put in a good word--suggesting they make 7.62x25 upper?  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about the ejection pattern of the Oly but I have a complete
Colt style knock off built with RRA parts and the empty case never touches the deflector.

I also installed one on my dedicated 22lr upper to help keep the brass off my arm as a lefty.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boom, give those guys at RRA a call.  They will know exactly what you need.  They know their stuff, and are very enthusiastic about ARs and helping out other AR lovers.  When you talk to them, could you put in a good word--suggesting they make 7.62x25 upper?  [:D]
View Quote

I'll give them a call.  BTW, What is a 7.62x25? Is that a 25 caliber AK round?  That would be a smoke'in fast bullet!

Hey, I e-mailed z71man23 and he said he's just waiting to thread those extended releases. They should be available to us pretty soon!  
[bounce]
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I just called and ordered the parts.  He checked over the phone how it would fit on a standard upper, and the only thing that MAY get in the way is the pin that holds the spring ejector and the .223 shell deflector. He said there may be some drimmeling required. I told him that someone here on ARFCOM had done it a [i]while[/i] back and posted pictures, so it shouldn’t be too big of an issue to make it work and look good.  

I'll post my results w/pic's afterwards.  I'll call Rockriver and let them know too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'll give them a call.  BTW, What is a 7.62x25? Is that a 25 caliber AK round?  That would be a smoke'in fast bullet!
View Quote

The 7.62x26 is the Tokarev round that has some great performance when using the Czech subgun ammo.

Hey, I e-mailed z71man23 and he said he's just waiting to thread those extended releases. They should be available to us pretty soon!
View Quote

Kewl!  Can't wait for it!  Get thsoe STENs working!

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top