Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2002 5:16:06 PM EDT
Just received socom sten mag block and tried it in the socom receiver I am building into 9mm.  It has a loose fit not bad, but I want a rock solid fit.  What is the best way.  Roll pin side to side or possibly a anterior posterior recessed bolt thru the block into the trigger area?  Any ideas?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't worry about it too much (ESPECIALLY if it is on a Pre-ban lower), the looseness should not affect function.  

The Sten mags tend to be a bit sloppy in the mag well anyways.  Luckily, the Oly 9mm system is reliable and isn't finicky about that stuff like some AR15 uppers are.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:23:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I second what Glockamolee says.  Don't worry about it.  It will function fine.  I love my Oly 9mm.  I have it on a RRA lower and it functions perfect.  

Don't worry about the wobble.

Max
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your input.  Have a good Thanksgiving, and god bless.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got my Oly upper in today. I noticed the same thing with the mags.  I have to say that I only had ONE misfeed on the very first round.  After that, it was nooooo problem at all.  One would think that with the looseness that there would be problems-no such issue here.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top