Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2002 5:25:02 PM EDT
I have one I may be needing to sell and am wondering what they are going for now-a-days.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2002 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay, I'll bite.

First of all, one needs a clarification.  You state it is a POST BAN COLT 9mm "AR".  Do you mean upper or complete weopon?  Factory assembled or you put together....

Why?  Because a FACTORY ASSEMBLED post ban 9mm AR from Colt is LE/Govt use only!  Now, if you got a LE post ban upper (which means it's in preban config) and converted it to post ban, that's different.  Means you "assembled" a 9mm AR using Colt parts.

Link Posted: 11/22/2002 4:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Or, if you just mean colt style 9mm you could get a 9mm upper from Rock River for ~$400, a lower (Rock River) for about ~100, internals ~$50, 9mm hammer ~$12, A2 buttstock ~$50, mag well adapter ~$100, and then you would have my set up. Granted I paid a bit less then that all total because I have a good friend who is an FFL who normally will sell me stuff at cost! [bounce]

I have done a conversion on the magwell adapter so it uses the cheap ~$2 Sten mags!!  I will test it this weekend and get pics to one of the members here to post.

Basically figure you can have 9mm fun for about the same as .223 fun just with cheaper mags and ammo!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#3]
It is a post-ban rifle meaning no flash suppressor or bayonet lug.  I purchased as a complete rifle and I still have the original Colt box.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Or, if you just mean colt style 9mm you could get a 9mm upper from Rock River for ~$400, a lower (Rock River) for about ~100, internals ~$50, 9mm hammer ~$12, A2 buttstock ~$50, mag well adapter ~$100, and then you would have my set up. Granted I paid a bit less then that all total because I have a good friend who is an FFL who normally will sell me stuff at cost! [bounce]

I have done a conversion on the magwell adapter so it uses the cheap ~$2 Sten mags!!  I will test it this weekend and get pics to one of the members here to post.

Basically figure you can have 9mm fun for about the same as .223 fun just with cheaper mags and ammo!!

[beer]
View Quote

Just referencing my original thread on the Sten conversion subject [:D]:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=15&t=136191&w=myTopicPop[/url]

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I misread your original post. So you have a Colt 9mm factory assembled rifle.  With or without mags? Do you have a manufacture date by chance? When did you buy the rifle and does it have any markings i.e. "LE/Govt" use only?

This info will help us get you a better idea of what you have!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I was told at the time I bought my rifle that Colt put about 100-150 (9mm caliber) together to sell.  It is marked "Match Target" and "Lightweight" on the receiver.  

As far as magazines, I have only 2 Colt 20's and a couple of non-Colt mags.  The Colt mags, of course, work great in the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Is it marked

9mm

or

5.56mm

??

[beer]
Link Posted: 11/22/2002 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a M/T6430. I can not sell mine (LNIB) for $950 at gun shows.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top