Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2002 11:28:51 AM EDT
I need a web address for the socom mag block. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/15/2002 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 4:21:40 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]I think mactec still sells them at a discounted price...[/b]

[url]http://mactec-militaryarms.com/misc4sale.html[/url]
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool gadget.

My question is: How hard would it be to modify a mag release to not work? (So as to not drop mag block)

Mag catches are not that expensive and modifying one to not work, but still be able to be disassembled (or replaced) to function.

My thought is to have a dedicated 9mm AR, so the ability to quickly convert back is not an issue.

Second, the new Olym pistol mag conversion is OK, but I do not like the idea of modifying a valuable asset like a hicap.  What do you guys think of the concept of a front Paddle release to allow for unmodified mags? (nudging mag release during movement would suck)
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a .45 upper that utilizes a SOCOM mag block.  The way I keep from accidentally dropping the mag block is to use a black, 6 inch, nylon wire tie wrapped around the mag block paddle and through the trigger guard.  Even if you accidentally hit the paddle the mag block will not fall out.  When you need to use the lower for a different purpose just clip the wire tie and you are ready to go.

SHOOTIST
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]
paddle?  What paddle?
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very cool gadget.

My question is: How hard would it be to modify a mag release to not work? (So as to not drop mag block)

Mag catches are not that expensive and modifying one to not work, but still be able to be disassembled (or replaced) to function.

My thought is to have a dedicated 9mm AR, so the ability to quickly convert back is not an issue.

Second, the new Olym pistol mag conversion is OK, but I do not like the idea of modifying a valuable asset like a hicap.  What do you guys think of the concept of a front Paddle release to allow for unmodified mags? (nudging mag release during movement would suck)
View Quote

Drill 2 holes in the reciever with the magwell adapter and pin it.  If you are making it a dedicated lower do it that way.  Once I have my Rock River upper set up and shooting corectly mine will be pinned just like the Colt 9mm.  1st time to test it will be tommorow!  [uzi]

Damn I cant wait!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 6:12:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I screwed my SOCOM into the lower.  Pretty soon its going to get chopped at the magwell, then an extended mag catch will be installed.  A dedicated Oly lower that uses the mag catch.  

It'll be schweeeet!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top