Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2002 4:31:10 PM EDT
Hey Guys, Quick question....the mags that Ciener uses for all his rifle/carbine conversions...are all based from one type of high-cap mag...the he adds a block to the mag so that it will fit in either the AK, Mini, or AR...what was that mag originally? Or is that something that he came up with on his own?
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe it is the Ruko M50S.
I bought one from this guy and it would work
on the Ar15 with the mag block. On the AK-47 you need the mag block and the lip on the mag to eject the round.

Let me tell you I haven't developed a mag block to fit the Ar15, but the 30rd mag is very similiar.

Here is the link.
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=5530717
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#2]
That sure looks like the Ciener mag without the magwell piece. Too bad Ciener can't just sell the same thing and also sell the magblock with some type of catch on it. I think Ciener has tons of the mag bodies stored some place. The ATF got PO'd at him because the mags were not totally together and he would just put them together as needed thus making a new magazine.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top