Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2002 7:34:19 AM EDT
I just purchased a Victor Arms/CZ 22 Upper at a gun show.  Can anyone give me information on operation, maintenance, field stripping, and general advice?

Thanks,

Jules Lewis
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Ahh the Victor Arms upper... what can I say.  Actually the unit itself is nice I have one and like it a lot.  However I only currently have one mag.  I had more mags ordered and got ripped off by them for 2 ciener mags(which they basically stole).  Ceiner mags, may or may not work in yours YMMV.  I personally at one time got them to work (3Os)  The unit itself comes down as follows and I don't have mine in front of me right now.  Take the upper off (or break the gun open).  Push the retaining pin out.  Remove the side cocking handle.  Bolt carrier will come out the back.
Any questions email me and I'll get mine to clear up the instructions.  The only issue I have with mine is that the unit will not always lock the hammer back on either of my ARs.  It feed and extracts fine, even real dirty, but it seems to not always have enough Ummpth to fully engage the sear and lock the trigger down to be released for the next shot.  Ammo issue? I dont know.  Also for whatever reason this upper seems queter than a 10/22 with the same ammo, neither is suppressed.

any questions let me know

Mike
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information.  Does the retaining pin just push out, or is it locked in in some way.  Also, how does the cocking come off?

Jules Lewis
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Disregard last questions.  Retaining pin dropped out with a light tap.  Cocking handle slipped off after rods and recoil springs werer removed.  The insides look similar to most semi-auto rimfires.  I wonder if the Victor shares parts with any CZ semi-auto rimfire.

Jules Lewis
[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Have the V22 Upper as well, but with no magazine.  Do have the V22 Operations and Maintenance Manual.  Can provide copy in Microsoft Word (.DOC) format if desired.

Would appreciate any info regarding obtaining a magazine.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you elaborate on getting the Ceiner magazine working?  
By (30s), do you mean 30 round?  
What do you mean that you got it to work at one time?  
Does that mean you got one to work regularly, or that you got it to work once and it did not work after that?  
What did you do to the Ceiner magazine to make it work.  
What is the difference between a 30-round magazine and the others that you got that one to work?
Did you try lesser size magazines?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#6]
What I mean is that the cieners worked on my upper, then I sent them in to Victor arms for them to look at as they had been verifiing that they would work right with and they stole then when they collasped.  If I were you I would buy I ciener 10rd $25-27 from brownells IIRC and try it out.  I know that according to Victor arms personel that some of them would work fine with cieners and some required a light modification to either the bolt or mag.  Yes I was stupid.  As to the trring smaller mags, I have a 10 victor, that is the only one I have tried.

Mike
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top