Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2015 12:11:55 PM EDT
Hi all, I'm new to the forum but was an armorer in the Army 30 years ago so I'm not new to the AR platform. Does anyone have the drawings or dimensions for go and no-go headspace gauges for 300 BLK? I'd like to make my own and save $70.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking a 300blk AR? If so, no need for headspacing if your barrel was made by a reputable manufacturer. Just like 5.56, the headspace is set when the barrel extension is installed at the factory.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you talking a 300blk AR? If so, no need for headspacing if your barrel was made by a reputable manufacturer. Just like 5.56, the headspace is set when the barrel extension is installed at the factory.
View Quote

Yes, and that is why I asked in an AR15 forum, as well as mentioned my familiarity with the AR platform but sorry for the confusion. Please note as well, that I did not ask if I need to check the headspace. Just hoping to make my own gauges. Equipment, capabilities and tolerances are not in question here either.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes, and that is why I asked in an AR15 forum, as well as mentioned my familiarity with the AR platform but sorry for the confusion. Please note as well, that I did not ask if I need to check the headspace. Just hoping to make my own gauges. Equipment, capabilities and tolerances are not in question here either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.saami.org/PubResources/CC_Drawings/C%20and%20C%20Dwgs%20-%20TOC%20-%20Rifle.pdf
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try posting this sort of thing in the technical forums next time. You'll get a little less "you don't need to do that" and a little more "here's how ya do that".
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://www.saami.org/PubResources/CC_Drawings/C%20and%20C%20Dwgs%20-%20TOC%20-%20Rifle.pdf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I have that already but it doesn't help with the gauges.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Try posting this sort of thing in the technical forums next time. You'll get a little less "you don't need to do that" and a little more "here's how ya do that".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#7]
New here also, lots of great info.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems complicated.  I would imagine your gauges would be slightly smaller than a chamber by .005" according to the spec.

Assuming I'm reading this correctly (never tried before), your maximum length would be 1.0818" measured from the base to .3512" diameter on the 23 degree shoulder.  And the minimum would be 1.0748" at the same point.  Probably be easier with actual gauge prints.  Kind of interesting.   What are field gauges like .012" over min?

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Welcome aboard
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:06:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey all,
im new to the AR scene. just picked up my first AR-15. Trying to learn more about optics/ammo/ etc. Im familiar with handguns and what not but this rifle business is all new to me.
just wanted to say hey!
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top