Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2015 10:48:39 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the magpul LPK? And feedback would be nice, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Magpul doesn't make an LPK.  What you would be getting is an LPK with a couple magpul  parts in it.  They are nice if those are the parts that you want so you don't end up with the standard parts that you don't need.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Pardon I'm a new jack attempting a build for the first time.. I purchased an "moe LPK" and it came with the magpul grip and trigger guard along with the usual springs and pins. I've also purchased seekins enhanced bolt catch and seekins billet mag release along with a Geissele SD-E. The purpose of my question I guess would be to find out if I should upgrade anything else that might come with that LPK I purchased or would I be g2g with what I got?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#3]
You get it from PSA?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pardon I'm a new jack attempting a build for the first time.. I purchased an "moe LPK" and it came with the magpul grip and trigger guard along with the usual springs and pins. I've also purchased seekins enhanced bolt catch and seekins billet mag release along with a Geissele SD-E. The purpose of my question I guess would be to find out if I should upgrade anything else that might come with that LPK I purchased or would I be g2g with what I got?
View Quote

The mag and bolt release are a bit of a personal preference thing, but you have solid parts there.

Same can be said for the Magpul furniture items.

And you have an excellent trigger.

All of the other bits and bobs in a n LPK are pretty standard and I wouldn't worry about replacing them unless you happen to find an out of spec part or something unusual like that.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Any other upgrades would be personal preference.  For a first timer it sounds like you are off to a solid start.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks gentleman. It's because of you guys and this forum that I've been able to learn. My build if done as far as acquiring the parts. I purchased a stripped spikes lower and upper and they're being cerakoted as we speak. Got a Geissele MK2 13" rail along with the Geissele super gas block and raptor ambi charging handle. The BCG is spikes NiB. I went with some magpul mbus gen 2 sights and the magpul STR stock. The only concern I may have which was going to be my next post was the barrel, I purchased a radical firearms 16" mid length "socom contour"  1:7 barrel. Anyone heard anything solid on this product? And is the "socom contour" something worth having or should I have looked for the regular m4 kind?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:51:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks gentleman. It's because of you guys and this forum that I've been able to learn. My build if done as far as acquiring the parts. I purchased a stripped spikes lower and upper and they're being cerakoted as we speak. Got a Geissele MK2 13" rail along with the Geissele super gas block and raptor ambi charging handle. The BCG is spikes NiB. I went with some magpul mbus gen 2 sights and the magpul STR stock. The only concern I may have which was going to be my next post was the barrel, I purchased a radical firearms 16" mid length "socom contour"  1:7 barrel. Anyone heard anything solid on this product? And is the "socom contour" something worth having or should I have looked for the regular m4 kind?
View Quote

Sounds like an excellent build.

I have no experience with Radical's barrels, but as to a Socom contour barrel, it is like an M4 "government" profile barrel, but with a thicker barrel diameter under the hand guards, like an H-Bar.  This means the barrel will be heavier, but also conceptually more rigid and reliable under sustained fire.

Here is a pic, top is SOCOM, bottom is normal M4 profile:

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top