Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 7:25:01 PM EDT
Hello everyone,  

I am planning a build, my first one ever.  I am very new to the AR platform and guns in general.  

I already own a Mag Tactical stripped lower receiver with a parts kit/trigger assembly/grip.  I am planning on purchasing a complete upper to go with it.  

I recently found a deal on this complete upper that includes-

Daniel Defense A4 Upper Receiver
Daniel Defense Full Auto BCG
Carbine Length Gas System
Daniel Defense Charging Handle
Daniel Defense A2 Flash Hider
Daniel Defense Lite Rail 10.0
Daniel Defense Cold Hammer Forged 16" Barrel

Besides a rear stock, sights, and magazines what else would I need to purchase to make this a complete build?

How difficult is it to assemble the lower receiver?

How difficult is it to mate the upper and lower receivers?

Apologies as Im sure these questions have been asked previously.  However, the thought of building my own gun from scratch is a little overwhelming ha.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Install a lower parts kit into the stripped lower receiver following the written instructions on the homepage or by watching youtube videos.
You then "pin together" the completed upper and lower halves which takes 2 seconds.
A "Build" usually requires at bit of specialized knowledge and a few specific installation tools.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Assembling the rifle is not as complicated as you think. Definitely do your research on a few tools that will make life easier for you instead of trying to improvise. There are definitely some thorough and helpful articles and YouTube videos out there with step-by-step instructions.

An excellent walkthrough video: http://youtu.be/e1omm6jY7Gg
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys,

After I posted this I looked over this website a little more and found that there is a wealth of info on here.  It actually looks fairly easy to put one together.   I ordered the tools I will need and am chomping at the bit for them to get delivered.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:58:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome aboard. The assembly of a lower is fairly easy. If you have some what of a mechanical aptitude you will think it's a breeze.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top