Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2014 7:10:45 PM EDT
Hay y'all new to the forum just wanna say what's up guys. So does anyone own a Charles Daly carbine. If so what do you think of it I bought one right before
They went out of business and stripped it and completely redid it. I've ran about 5,000 rounds through it in the past few years and so far it hasn't let me down yet.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to ARFCOM.  Post pics.  Got any Legos?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Greetings
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Post pics!
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]
How do ya post pic from a iphone.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm at work right now but when I get off I'll get a few pic and figure out how to post pictures to here. But in the mean time I've got a few questions I'm looking for a new quad rail but can't decide on what I want looking at a DD lite rail but not real sure. Also I'm looking at a Nikon p-223 3x32 with some quick detach mounts because it'll only be on the rifle for whistle pig shooting and wanna be able to take it off and still hold zero without having to sight it back in anyone have any input on the scope.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:07:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Why do you want to take your scope on & off?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't need a scope all the time I got a red dot for it that I run mostly
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Wut up, yo.  Good thing you didn't post your intro in GD.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#11]
lol ywhys that ^^^^^
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol ywhys that ^^^^^
View Quote

It's the wild wild west of arfcom.  Open season on those new to arfcom.  You gotta have thick skin over there.  Don't ask me how I know.  The rest of arfcom is GTG.  Lots of knowledgeable folks around here.  Welcome.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:45:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  I don't need a scope all the time I got a red dot for it that I run mostly
View Quote

Have you considered a 1.x-4X variable?  Or a flip up magnifier for the red dot?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Yea I got some thick skin internet bashing don't bother me lol. I'm all about constructive critisum but the bashing don't bother me. I'm not new to the ar platform just new to the forum and yea I considered a flip to the side magnifier but some of the shots we make in pasture fields get out there 300+ yards so I'd like to just use the scope when yote and whistle pig hunting and run the aim point when just at the range or in the house.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:  Yea I got some thick skin internet bashing don't bother me lol. I'm all about constructive critisum but the bashing don't bother me. I'm not new to the ar platform just new to the forum and yea I considered a flip to the side magnifier but some of the shots we make in pasture fields get out there 300+ yards so I'd like to just use the scope when yote and whistle pig hunting and run the aim point when just at the range or in the house.
View Quote

If you're dismissing a 4X magnifier, why is it you're wanting a 3X scope?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to the forum
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:48:14 AM EDT
[#17]
If you're dismissing a 4X magnifier, why is it you're wanting a 3X scope?

Well I haven't dismissed a magnifier. Just price wise for a magnifier like the eotech is pretty high it know you get what you pay for. Also the Nikon p-223 scope is a little less weight than the aimpoint and a magnifier and that was appealing. However I'm open to any ideas so hit me lol.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  If you're dismissing a 4X magnifier, why is it you're wanting a 3X scope?

Well I haven't dismissed a magnifier. Just price wise for a magnifier like the eotech is pretty high it know you get what you pay for. Also the Nikon p-223 scope is a little less weight than the aimpoint and a magnifier and that was appealing. However I'm open to any ideas so hit me lol.
View Quote

Why not a good 3-9X or 4-12X variable, if you're going to buy a good removable mount for it?  (Probably you'll be told to buy a LaRue mount, just a guess.)

There are less expensive magnifiers, and even a variable magnifier out there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 3:51:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Well like I said I'm opened minded I'll check out the variable magnifiers. I'm looking at buying a eotech exps3 might try a magnifier with it and see how I like it. Any recommend for a good quad rail looking at a Midwest industries gen2 t-series.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top