Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2014 6:21:00 PM EDT
i live in eastern nc and have just got my first ar and was wondering if there is anyone close to my area where i can take lessons on the proper use and maintenance of my rifle? would love someone to show me the ins and outs of this awesome rifle so i could start building my own and improving the one that i do have. i know this sounds crazy to all you that already have mastered this rifle but i sure would like to learn about it without making big mistakes along the way. thanks
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is your Hometown Forum for your state of residence. You'll receive better answers here when the questions are state of residence specific
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
True response from AR-4C; but I'll give you an answer here, IAW what I know.  C2 has private range time instruction@ $100.00/hr. as well as a 2 and 4 day carbine course $350.00 and $600.00 + 400-1600 rds ammo) but the website calendar is blank.

Colonial Shooting in Va. Beach has an NRA First Steps Rifle, and an AR specific Intro to the AR-15 class.  

Honestly though, it's not that hard.  Between reading old posts here and You Tube, you can get just about any question answered, and then refuted again with exactly contradictory "it happened to me"  stories    Finding a safe place to shoot and throwing down for ammo costs is the big holdback for most people; dry firing can help a bit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys, i do have a nice 100 yd range at the house with shooting bench and all the goodies. guess i will start at it. sometimes it is intimidating getting on these forums and afraid you ask stupid questions
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Seriously Do Not be afraid to ask "STUPID" questions. That is how one learns or you can just go out and screw it up and then ask how'd this happen and look like a complete Dingaling.  Also you would not be the first to ask a stupid question on a forum such as this. Oh and welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no such thing as a stupid question. Ask away. Someone on here will have an answer - you maybe even get a few conflicting ones. Remember, we were all new at this at one time. Welcome.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks everyone. time to get started , can't wait!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:49:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks everyone. time to get started , can't wait!!!
View Quote

Ask all the questions you want man.  We may even be able to point you to a YouTube video that shows what we're describing.

And if someone mocks you for asking a "beginner" question in the "AR Basics" forum, they will likely get hit with the ban hammer.    We were all there once.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Check out your local gun shop some of them offer classes on building and maintenance for AR.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#9]
well i just got the ar i ordered my daughter as a post surgery recovery gift. she wanted the colt le 6720 in muddy girl camo. arrived today and hope she feels good enough to shoot some rounds this weekend. was wondering if i could replace the front handgaurd with a picatanny version that comes in the muddy girl pattern? i'm sure someone with more computer knowledge than me could do some kind of search and find it, but i am a whole lot better farmer than i am a tech guy!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:17:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
well i just got the ar i ordered my daughter as a post surgery recovery gift. she wanted the colt le 6720 in muddy girl camo. arrived today and hope she feels good enough to shoot some rounds this weekend. was wondering if i could replace the front handgaurd with a picatanny version that comes in the muddy girl pattern? i'm sure someone with more computer knowledge than me could do some kind of search and find it, but i am a whole lot better farmer than i am a tech guy!
View Quote

Of course!  These are like Barbie dolls for guys (and in this case, girls, of course )  

It's easier to use a tool (Google 'Delta Ring Wrench Removal Tool' or 'AR Hand Guard Removal Tool'), but before I knew these tools existed, I did it myself.  You can get one for $9 w/free shipping on Amazon.  It was ungodly difficult to manhandle off, but I got it without the tool.  The rails pop on like a breeze since they screw together at one end.

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:21:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Windham Weaponry and DMPS make a commercial AR in Muddy Girl, but my crappy work PC is so slow I can't get pics to load.  I don't know if they have the Pic. part you're looking for, but maybe you could order it from them.  Also found this link; again the pictures aren't loading for me.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2813968/raleigh-north-carolina-gun-parts-for-sale--muddy-girl-ar15-ar-15-ar-15-m4-handguard-handguard-only

If this works for you then good!  If not, there's a hydro dipping place up in Winchester that did the stuff for my wife's mid-length.  They did a fine job so I can recommend them with no reservations.  I think I paid $60.00 for the forend piece.  

http://www.virginiahydrodesigns.com/

Link Posted: 8/11/2014 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Dang, you guys are the best thanks!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top