Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2017 2:17:17 PM EDT
Looking for an A2 upper and stripped lower kit so I can build what I want...but I'm very picky about having the vertical 'hump' seam on the left side that the mag release runs through lining up...

Anyone have a source for a 'matched set' of A2 upper/lower?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Gonna be hard man. I would buy an A2 Upper, and bring it into a LGS and just see which ever matches up more.

If you do it online, you're going to have to find someone that wants to sell an A2 Upper and a lower with it, but it'll have to match... Same with full rifles.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 5:26:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I think your best bet would be Rock River Arms.  Their quality and finishes are relatively consistent (very good+).
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think your best bet would be Rock River Arms.  Their quality and finishes are relatively consistent (very good+).  
View Quote
I'll have to give them a call...I priced an A2 configuration off their web sight, and it was near $700...I can find a Colt for that kind of money...
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:38:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Do whatever I do when I start an A2 project;

But a used Colt Match Target or other "post ban" gun and replace what you need to replace. Can find used Colts for under $700 if you are patient...

Sell off the excess parts.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'll have to give them a call...I priced an A2 configuration off their web sight, and it was near $700...I can find a Colt for that kind of money...
View Quote
< Not the place for that. -- BB >
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:55:51 PM EDT
[#8]
< This is a tech forum. -- BB >
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:28:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Try Fulton Armory OP,
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Any luck with the search OP? I have an Anderson that just by chance matches my Bushmaster A2 upper very well in that area. I agree with those saying buy an upper and go to a shop that has several uppers, and will let you test-fit a few.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top