Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/3/2016 7:50:14 PM EDT
A2 lowers are everywhere these days, but they all seem to be covered in huge trademarks with skulls and spiders and atomic symbols and shit.
Does anyone make something cleaner, like Nodak does with A1 lowers? Something with fairly conservative trademarking?

Secondarily, does anyone make a Grey A2 lower?
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A2 lowers are everywhere these days, but they all seem to be covered in huge trademarks with skulls and spiders and atomic symbols and shit.
Does anyone make something cleaner, like Nodak does with A1 lowers? Something with fairly conservative trademarking?

View Quote

Not sure how clean is "clean", but Anderson, Delton, and Delaware all are pretty simple with just the manufacturers mark on the Magwell. Normal Safe/burst selector.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Nodak sells an a2 lower. PSA used to sell one, called it a "stealth" lower, but they haven't had them for awhile.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out McKay Enterprises

http://www.mckay-ent.com/

Link Posted: 3/3/2016 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nodak sells an a2 lower.
View Quote

Derp, I'm so used to looking at their A1s that I figured all AR lowers were in the same spot. Didn't occur to me to look for a different button.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 2:57:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

NoDak offers their A2 lowers in black or gray.  My NoDak gray A2 lower is almost a perfect match with the early Colt A2 gray uppers.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 4:04:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Hijack question. Does anyone make a big front pin grey A2 lower cheaper than the used colt alternative?

Matching this.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 9:00:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hijack question. Does anyone make a big front pin grey A2 lower cheaper than the used colt alternative?

Matching this.

<a href="http://s1214.photobucket.com/user/jimdgreat1/media/20150916_073618_zps6ye01qsn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc492/jimdgreat1/20150916_073618_zps6ye01qsn.jpg</a>
View Quote

I have never seen an aftermarket large hole A1 or A2 lower made. The issue is that the standard pivot pin (.250") dictates that the lowers be made to use them and not the odd-ball .315" pins like Colt used on the Sporters. There is an adapter bushing to use a large hole upper with a small hole lower. I used one on a 602 clone build I did using an old SP1 upper and new Nodak Spud lower.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a few black McKay A2's and one grey NDS A2. A plus for the Mckays are they're usually always available and cost $68 plus $18 shipping IIRC
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Not my pic but I have several LRB lowers. I find their rollmarks less distracting than many.

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:37:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

NoDak offers their A2 lowers in black or gray.  My NoDak gray A2 lower is almost a perfect match with the early Colt A2 gray uppers.

<a href="http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/pro2ndam/media/Projects/Colt%20727%20Clone/DSCN1380_zpsef806596.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj634/pro2ndam/Projects/Colt%20727%20Clone/DSCN1380_zpsef806596.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1271.photobucket.com/user/pro2ndam/media/Projects/Colt%20727%20Clone/DSCN1380_zpsef806596.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj634/pro2ndam/Projects/Colt%20727%20Clone/DSCN1380_zpsef806596.jpg</a>

Very nice!
I picked up a gray nodak A2 blemish lower a few weeks ago that I'm so happy with I sent in a form 1 to make it a SBR
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:34:40 AM EDT
[#11]
The Aero Precision lowers are very nice.  Not grey, but nice. Unobtrusive stamping marks.
If you want a matched upper and lower set, they are fitted really well. Currently out of stock but DOA arms will have them in 2-4 months.  they are wonderful for a nice build.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#12]
These guys.
www.rangetool.com
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
These guys.
www.rangetool.com
View Quote

No markings on the mag-well is a big plus; but things looks a little cluttered around FCG  Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I just got a McKay Enterprises lower. Very plain. Completely satisfied.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
These guys.
www.rangetool.com
View Quote

how would you get these?, seems like they sell to other retailers only?  no way to purchase I could find on their webpage?

of course, I did not try to email them, just curious

doug

**EDIT**  my bad, they have a "store" tab I did not even notice.......
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:35:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
These guys.
www.rangetool.com
View Quote

these are back in stock, and on sale for 55$....I bought two, woohoo
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

how would you get these?, seems like they sell to other retailers only?  no way to purchase I could find on their webpage?

doug

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These guys.
www.rangetool.com

doug

I might have to get a couple from them...anyone ever gotten one from them?  In spec?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:09:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes & yes.

I have used them on my Model 604 until the Nodak showed up.  

Model 727 & 651 builds.

18" SPR build, and a 9mm Mk18 SBR build.

And (2) future SBR builds.

Best, BC

Link Posted: 4/14/2016 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I might have to get a couple from them...anyone ever gotten one from them?  In spec?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These guys.
www.rangetool.com

doug

they shipped mine on a Friday, on Monday my lgs FFL called and they were ready for me when I got off work, I couldn't be happier, the fit and finish is great on these, sorry I don't have a online foto storage to post pics, but trust me, im a big aeroprecision fan and these are just as good, and at 55$ each well worth the money!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These guys.
www.rangetool.com

doug

I have 7 of them. They're nice.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#21]
For the ultimate "clean" lower, have you considered an 80pct lower? Believe it or not, it wasn't nearly as hard to complete as I'd first imagined.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#22]
LMT has a really clean lower .
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm trying to decide what lower to go with for an A2 service rifle competition build, myself.  On one hand, the Anderson lowers do not have the safe-fire markings on the right side but on the other hand, the logo doesn't bother me and I've used them with no complaint before and they are available for under $40
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1ANSL&name=Anderson+Manufacturing+AM15+Multi.+Cal.+Lower+Receiver&search=anderson ($35.95 if you have a home ffl ).  

I don't know.  It would make my decision much easier if I found out that there were A2 lowers issued that didn't have ambi fire control markings.

The other issue is a properly t-marked upper (for a plinking A4 upper).  Photos of the Anderson uppers I've seen look etched rather than lasered and so I was thinking about a t-marked Aero flat top upper.  They look clean unlike other uppers I've seen.  Here's looking at you mega
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm trying to decide what lower to go with for an A2 service rifle competition build, myself.  On one hand, the Anderson lowers do not have the safe-fire markings on the right side but on the other hand, the logo doesn't bother me and I've used them with no complaint before and they are available for under $40
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1ANSL&name=Anderson+Manufacturing+AM15+Multi.+Cal.+Lower+Receiver&search=anderson ($35.95 if you have a home ffl ).  

I don't know.  It would make my decision much easier if I found out that there were A2 lowers issued that didn't have ambi fire control markings.

The other issue is a properly t-marked upper (for a plinking A4 upper).  Photos of the Anderson uppers I've seen look etched rather than lasered and so I was thinking about a t-marked Aero flat top upper.  They look clean unlike other uppers I've seen.  Here's looking at you mega
View Quote

It's my understanding from Augee that all of the select fire M16A2 family of rifles had markings on both sides of the lower and a "tick" mark on the selector
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#25]
You can get an unmarked lower if you go 80%.  If you look around a little you can get it with any markings you want added to it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:08:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I got my range tool lower today.  $55 shipped isn't too bad.  Anyway, nothing seems wrong with it mechanically and I'm happy with my purchase (I chose it for an A2/4 lower).  However, a few of the cuts have noticeable ridges that clearly didn't get deburred.  The forging itself doesn't seem to be quite as precise as a cerro forging and I actually didn't see a forge mark on it at all.  Also, I'm sure mine is a fluke, but there are matching dings on either side of the FCG pocket where I assume someone got a little agressive with whatever gauge they use to check it but it's hardly an issue.  Like I said, I bought it because the price was right and it had markings that I wanted for my build and I'm happy with it.  Going forward however, I think I will stick with Anderson lowers.  I've never had any issues with them and they can be had for under $40 all day.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top