Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2015 5:46:41 PM EDT
I am looking for a Colt M16A2 kit.  I want to be as authentic as possible, but all the kits I find are out of stock.  Am I hunting for something that no longer exists?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't looked recently but I suspect all the A2 kits have been long gone.

Sarco just has A1 and M4 kits now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#2]
These guys had FN M16A2 kits at a great price.  But it appears they didn't last too long

http://www.midwest-distributors.com/FN-M16-Parts-Kit_p_169.html
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't looked recently but I suspect all the A2 kits have been long gone.

Sarco just has A1 and M4 kits now.
View Quote

It looks like even the M16A1 is out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I searched Gunbroker and found my Colt M16A2 kit...some PD's have sold off the A2 parts recently....
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like we have reached the point where it is no longer a sure thing that one can take a current production lower and build an A1 or A2 from original parts. The A2s got sent to Iraq in order to be given to ISIS.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#6]
For all the people complaining about how A2 parts aren't available, I still find it one of the easier clones to build.  The only real challenge is finding an A2 upper receiver -- and those are still often found in the EE.

Lower = easy as pie
Stock = still available from many vendors & on the EE
Handguards = still available from many vendors & sometimes on the EE
Barrel = still available from many vendors

Watch, the stuff I'm about to sell on the EE (a receiver, A2 stocks, handguards, etc.) will sit there for a while at very competitive prices.
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Royal Tiger Parts kits? While they are A1 the parts to change out aren't that hard and you'll get your money back on costs. The old thread http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/674168__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Recent_Royal_Tiger_A1_kits.html&page=1 is a quality guide

and i need to build a photo thread of the kits I ordered. Images are uploaded, i just have to string  a bunch of images together for a post. I'm  not sure how much is too much kind of deal. How many shots on the thread verses go to the gallery, so it doesn't kill your phone if not on something with the ram to handle numerous images. The complete kits came with repair parts for the stock trap door(that was listed as plastic cracked/broken and replacement was NOS), waiting to see what type of sale they have for labor day on them.  

Get the kit, take the pay it forward for the 20 inch A2 hand guards and offer up the triangular ones  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_127/657383_Pay_It_Forward.html&page=4  Plus you can offer up the A1 grip since you get A2 grips with that hand guard offer.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top