Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2015 5:29:16 PM EDT
I picked up a CK marked C7 upper and have the rest of the Colt parts to do a C7 build

Got a couple of questions that I could not find answers in the C7 thread.

Color question - my upper is black so...

What color should the Delta ring be? I have both Colt grey and black

And which F/A should I be using on a A2 lower - Small or large with the scalloped cut?

I am using a Type E stock until I find a C2 at a price I can afford.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have see both grey and black uppers. Large FA is early, small FA later. C7 furniture is different than the US stuff. It's tested for extreme temperature, drop tested and chemical resistance. Early furniture was shiny, later was matte.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have see both grey and black uppers. Large FA is early, small FA later. C7 furniture is different than the US stuff. It's tested for extreme temperature, drop tested and chemical resistance. Early furniture was shiny, later was matte.
View Quote

Excellent and thank you.

Black upper - check
Large FA - check
Shiny A2 hand guards - check (American Colt)

Looks like I am on tract for an early one....
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top