Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2013 3:00:11 AM EDT
Just saw this in an email notification from them.
HIGH STANDARD - 20" A2 Rifle Barrel (fixed link)
Per the description and Q&A, it's chrome lined with standard rifle extension (no M4 ramps) and non F-marked front sight base.

Link Posted: 11/22/2013 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link is not working. Does anybody have any experience with this company? Never heard of them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Apologies for the bad link. Not sure what happened in my first post.

High Standard has been around for quite a while but I don't have any experience with their AR parts. Reviews on Brownell's (which I didn't look at prior to posting) are mixed for the barrel, though two of the negatives seem to have come from the same person. Genuine Colt & FN A2 barrels seem to be pretty hard to find right now so there aren't many options available.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#4]
According to the description the barrel has a chrome lined bore. It does not mention the chamber. Does this mean they chromed the bore only, and not the chamber, or did they really chrome the whole thing but didn't specify so?
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I got one in yesterday. The parkerizing is pretty dry, so it's a dark grey color. It comes with the barrel nut and triangle end cap. It does not come with a sling swivel, or any of the front sight parts.

Hard to see, but the barrel is marked HI-STANDARD with the eagle under the gas tube, just ahead of the chamber. Out past the front sight, it's marked G 5.56 NATO 1/7.

Link Posted: 11/23/2013 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to the description the barrel has a chrome lined bore. It does not mention the chamber. Does this mean they chromed the bore only, and not the chamber, or did they really chrome the whole thing but didn't specify so?
View Quote

A chrome lined bore means the entire barrel internals are chromed.
If it were marked chrome chamber then only the chamber is chromed.
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stupid question... If the chamber isn't chrome-lined, can it be chrome-lined by another business (??) without damaging the chrome-lining of the barrel??  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I got one in yesterday. The parkerizing is pretty dry, so it's a dark grey color. It comes with the barrel nut and triangle end cap. It does not come with a sling swivel, or any of the front sight parts.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/DoubleARon_2007/Mobile%20Uploads/photo1_zps87ed1178.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/DoubleARon_2007/Mobile%20Uploads/photo2_zps84550422.jpg

Hard to see, but the barrel is marked HI-STANDARD with the eagle under the gas tube, just ahead of the chamber. Out past the front sight, it's marked G 5.56 NATO 1/7.  
View Quote

Can you tell if the front sight is standard height or F marked and what is your opinion on this barrel?
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#9]

It's marked B1, not sure what that means. I haven't measured it to see what height it is.  

Brownells says this:

• Q:

Is the front sight an F marked or the standard A2?

Asked on 9/18/2011 by Anonymous

Know the answer? Answer this question

1 answer

•    
      A:

It is not "F" marked.
      Answered on 10/21/2011 by Brownells from Montezuma, IA

Link Posted: 11/27/2013 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't the F-marked fsb intended for use with flat top uppers?
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 11:45:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I dunno. I'm not going to knock one out to measure it. Taking pics is about where I draw the line.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Received one yesterday and put my upper together today. Chamber looks chromed and the base pins aren't tapers but NBD.

Good barrel for the $ and my only complaint is the excessive gap from FSB and handguard cap about .030 so the cap moves around even with handguards installed.

Link Posted: 12/15/2013 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Link is not working. Does anybody have any experience with this company? Never heard of them.
View Quote

Yep, I used to go over there and pick out my barrels and stuff. The owner is a big retro guy. I used these on my A2 builds. GTG
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top