Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2013 11:00:09 PM EDT
Looking to build a couple of 20 inch Heavy Barrel A2 rifles over the next few months.  Since these rifles will made from parts from various manufacturers, I hoping to find a couple of barrels with the caliber, twist rate, etc...  information engraved in a location that will be covered by the handguards.  I would prefer 1/7 twist rate barrels, but would be happy with a 1/9 twist rate.  Also, I can live with barrels with a government profile as well, as long as the makings are under the handguards.

Also, they must work with a standard U.S.G.I. A2 front sight assembly and be threaded for a flash hider.

Any ideals who makes a quality 20 inch A2 barrel that is chrome - lined and with the markings under the handguards??

Where does RRA mark their Heavy Barrels??

Where does E.R. Shaw mark their government profile barrels??

...I know that this is a minor issue, but its something I simply want to do... Yes I know that I have issues!!

Thanks for looking!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an E.R. Shaw from Model1Sales. It is marked on top of the barrel forward of the FSB.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Sabre has the name under the guards on some of their 20" tubes.  I have one, and the only thing out front is the usual gov't markings.  It's a gov't profile bbl.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I searched high and low for a couple of months this summer. Finally found the E.R. Shaw 20" chrome lined barrel here on the EE. This was the only chrome lined 20" barrel with A2 FSB installed that I found. Aside from that, somebody had what they claimed was a Colt factory new 20" barrel listed on Gunbroker for $750. I'm interested to know if you find one, I am still keeping my eyes open for a new FN barrel.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top