Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2012 2:20:16 PM EDT
I can get a current Armalite A2 or a current Ilion NY produced Bushmaster A2 for the same price (Within $35 of each other, so lets say roughly $900 OTD for either). I want a factory complete, out of the box A2, and these guys looks like the only 2 making what I want. Of these two, which one and why? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 5:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been very impressed with the quality and reliability of my Armalite M15A2. In fact I just took it to the range this morning. Temperature was low 30s, it was snowing, and the M15A2 functioned perfectly (as usual).
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 5:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing says AR like Armalite.The Bushmaster I had was good.Now I have an FN A2 upper with a Ruger SR556 lower I need to get to the range with.Also have a S&W M&P M4 lower build that I need to get an M4 upper for.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I think the Armalite would be the better choice. Thier barrels are 11595-E compliant and are hand lapped. I trust Armalite a lot more than the current Bushmaster products on the market.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Never tried an Armalite but have used a few BM A-2 barrels for builds in 1-7 twist and they shot at least as good or better than my Colts and FN's but they were also brand new.  Did use Colt M-16 or Young Mfg BCG's.  Don't think you want the weight but the BM competition Hbar is also a great shooter for the coins.  No dealings with BM since they started charging tax out of state and pocketing the coins and they have also moved toward communism.  Armalite only offered 1-9 twist when I was doing tons of A-2 builds and wasn't optimal for Hi power ranges in my opinion but there are a few Eagle's around that are alright,  nothing to really brag on.  Too bad you can't build your own as you can get way more bang for your buck in my opinion.  RRA stainless service rifle with A-2 receiver is as good as any you listed out the box but may cost a few dimes more depending on local dealer.  Buyers market right now and most will haggle for that $1K you want to spend.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Armalite.
Link Posted: 1/24/2012 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#6]
ArmaLite FTW,  Their A2 barrel is just a touch heavier than the standard Gov't  1/7 models of the USGI Colts.   Great shooters
too.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Armalite.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#8]
For that money (or maybe $1000).......maybe you could find a COLT original A2 (used).

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 3:30:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I have nothing but good things to say about my Bushmaster A2. I doubt you could tell the difference between an armalite

and a Bushmaster. It is hard to find a bad AR among the makers.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 5:56:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I own both a Bushmaster Carbon 15 A2 rifle, and an Armalite M15A3 (just has flat top).  Both have been excellent as far a reliablilty and accuracy.  I do feel that the armalite was a little more accurate, but, both were great shooters as far as a baseline AR goes.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, it appears that Armalite is the preferred choice. Which is good, because I was leaning that way to begin with. The current state of Bushmaster leaves me kind of wondering where their QC is at, considering the fact that Cerebus has had QC problems with every other line of firearms they have acquired.Im going with the classic green furniture, I always kinda liked that look on their rifles. Besides, If I dont like it, I have a set of Colt A2 furniture in black to swap it out with.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top