Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 8:03:40 AM EDT
Guys, is there anyone out there who own a T91 upper ?

I found a kit from the .tw manufacturer but they doesn't sell the barrel and I am still undecided about importing a kit if I must figure out alone the barrel dimensions.

Thank you !
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I got one but I'm not sure if I got the stuff needed to take good measurements. The barrel nut, extension, etc. are all different and their gas holes are reportedly angled rather than straight.

I would also have to pull the upper apart and I don't think I got the tools to do it, not to mention putting it back together right.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at here, there are some info:
https://www.t91tactical.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=34
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank guys, I looked at the link posted above. :-)

The barrel profile doesn't look too much different from the AR-15 one and I hope to be able to do something...
The angled gas port will be probably the most challenging step.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Where do you import a kit without barrel from Taiwan?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, straight from Taiwan.

I was contacted by a Taiwanese company selling T91 parts.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#6]
So it was only the upper and stuff? Lower parts is iffy legally because that's a machine gun
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#7]
LPKs, T91 Grips, slings, maintenance kit...about anything is available from them, except for the engraved lower (a bare lower is available, though) and barrel. From my contact, the barrel is provided only by the 205th Arsenal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 12:45:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know how this works but no way they'd just ship you a complete lower without state department authorization. There's ITAR rules, not to mention your normal firearms laws.

Otherwise everyone could just buy LPK and complete lower from Taiwan and have illegal full auto firearms.

I'm assuming you got the proper authorization and permits for this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know how this works but no way they'd just ship you a complete lower without state department authorization. There's ITAR rules, not to mention your normal firearms laws.

Otherwise everyone could just buy LPK and complete lower from Taiwan and have illegal full auto firearms.

I'm assuming you got the proper authorization and permits for this.
View Quote
It shows he is from Belgium. I dont know what their gun laws are like there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, firearms legislation in Belgium is different from the US.

As a registered gun manufacturer (different from a "standard" gunsmith allowed to sell & repair guns), I can legally obtain an import licence to bring in Belgium about what I want. It meant that as long the foreign governement give its OK, I can have the parts.

I imported parts from the US (with an export licence and...God, 250$ is expensive) but also from Taiwan (for some M14 & M1911 parts). Taiwanese police emitted an export licence based on a copy of my import licence...and I got the parts.

Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#11]
My bad... I always assumed laws in other countries are much stricter than in the US since in many EU countries gun ownership is a privilege granted by the King if you have a "valid reason". I understand that's what the US Federal government wants but the constitution gets in their way. Czech Republic seems to be the outlier in terms of gun availability and restrictions.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Our laws are way tighter on many things...and owning a firearm is (I quote) "a privilege" (don't talk about freedom... )

But, on import, I can import and build any kind of firearms as long I ask the import licence before.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:33:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Belgian collector friend that has a vault filled with over 60 live machine guns. He has a collectors licence. So in that aspect, it is much better then the US.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I rather have unrestricted ownership of everything else (semi auto, bolt action, etc.) than the ability to collect machine guns with appropriate license, but licenses needed for anything that shoots (that aren't easy to get). Machine guns are expensive to feed anyways and provides little tactical advantage. I rather a criminal come after me with a machine gun because if they're like most criminals, they'll run out of ammo before they hit anything.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I rather have unrestricted ownership of everything else (semi auto, bolt action, etc.) than the ability to collect machine guns with appropriate license, but licenses needed for anything that shoots (that aren't easy to get). Machine guns are expensive to feed anyways and provides little tactical advantage. I rather a criminal come after me with a machine gun because if they're like most criminals, they'll run out of ammo before they hit anything.
View Quote
+1
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top