Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 1:05:36 PM EDT
Has anyone had success with an Aero Precision M4E1 upper and any of the piston conversion kits?  I'm contemplating converting my 10.5" to piston but I have the M4E1 upper and It has that extra "tunnel" that the gas tube goes through due to it's design.  I've included a link below so you can see a picture and what I'm talking about.  I would appreciate any info on this.

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-m4e1-enhanced-upper-receiver.html
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Piston AR.

That is all
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Piston AR.

That is all
View Quote
Do you dispense your well thought out and articulate position in all piston forum posts, or is this just a one-off?  Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Has anyone had success with an Aero Precision M4E1 upper and any of the piston conversion kits?  I'm contemplating converting my 10.5" to piston but I have the M4E1 upper and It has that extra "tunnel" that the gas tube goes through due to it's design.  I've included a link below so you can see a picture and what I'm talking about.  I would appreciate any info on this.

https://aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-m4e1-enhanced-upper-receiver.html
View Quote

Your question might be best answered by direct contact with Aero.  In fact, take it a step further and contact the individual kit manufacturers that you are considering and post your question to them as well.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]
SupArms Piston & Aero COP

The Aero M4E1 should work with the Superlative Arms Piston Kit because the op rod fits thew the gas tube hole. Adams Arms op rod has the spring on there op rod. For the Aero COP monolithic upper you need to mill for gas block like link above for Superlative Piston kit.

Adams Arms OP Rod

Superlative Arms OP Rod

Superlative Arms Facebook page
On the Superlative Arms facebook page Brian Sid says "It Works Beautifully " His post is right under the Community section at top of webpage.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two M4E1 uppers with the Superlative Arms piston kits. No issues.

When I get back home I can play with an AA oprod. If the spring isn't a issue AA just released a their P series gas block that's smaller than their previous xlp low pro block.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe the osprey works but I can confirm the older Adams arms xlp does not. I say older since I know they came out with a newer design recently.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I believe the osprey works but I can confirm the older Adams arms xlp does not. I say older since I know they came out with a newer design recently.
View Quote
What part of their kit caused issues, I.e. was it the piston or the gas block?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:42:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the responses.  I did see that there's a recent review on their facebook page that is glowing.  I pulled the trigger and ordered a kit today.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#9]
How'd this turn out for you? Their website says they aren't piston compatible and I want to try a piston kit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How'd this turn out for you? Their website says they aren't piston compatible and I want to try a piston kit.
View Quote
I emailed their customer service and they said it should work.  I've had mine on since December and it works fine.  It makes shooting a suppressed  5.56 SBR much more enjoyable.  Less gas to the face and it's actually quieter to my ear.

Edit:  by "their" I mean Superlative Arms.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Will the Superlative Arms kit work with 300BLK?  Primary Arms' website says it is not 300BLK rated, and a dedicated SKU is coming.

Edit: NVM I read the FB posts they are working on it
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top