Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2014 5:17:35 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has seen an issue were the bolt fails to lock back after the last round is fired with gen 3 P-mags? Other than the locking back, the rifle ran flawlessly out of the box.  

The bolt catch measures about 0.040" shorter than a carbine bolt catch out of an olympic lower. If i swap lowers, the bolt catch on the alternate lower works with USGI and P-mags.

I have contacted Adams customer service but haven't heard anything yet. I suspect due to the holiday. Should I wait for Adams Arms to get back to me or should I take it to a gun smith and have them replace the catch with a milspec version?      

http://i60.tinypic.com/w2dclw.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/1235oxy.jpg
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the whole rifle is busted and unfixable. I have a buddy who runs a scrap metal company so just send it to me and I'll be sure he properly disposes of that piece of junk. ;)  but seriously, it sounds like you've figured it out. It is either the bolt catch or the lower that's out of spec. I'd swap the two catches just to be certain, but it's a fairly safe bet to say it's the bolt catch that's the issue.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]

I did check the catch position as it relates to the mag well and both receivers are the same. I read somewhere that some Adams guns were built on the DPMS kits and they had the short catch. I hope Adams will take care of it, I love this rifle.  

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 1:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had mine for around 2 years. Bought an upper, built the lower from an 80% using a CMMG lpk. Love it. I'm sure they'll get you squared away, but I do believe that they are off until the 5th. At least that's when they say new orders will ship, so I'm assuming everyone is off until then.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#4]
It's kinda funny, I would think Adams would have responded to my email by now. Anyone else have issue with Adams arms customer service?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody in this industry is going to be hard to reach, SHOT show starts on the 19th.  These companies are smaller than you think with the exception of Freedom Group.  Give them a chance their customer support has been great for me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is the information you seek:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_293/259661_Adams_Arms_sales_support_communication_during_SHOT_Show.html
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to send my AA AR back due to a cycling problem, Cody at AA is the go-to guy. He took care of everything for me, AA has GREAT Customer Service!
Just shoot Cody a email, and I'm sure he will respond. His email address is [email protected]
Good luck!  
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top