Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2014 1:48:54 AM EDT
I have a Mega Maten set and am toying with the idea of going with an Adams Arms piston kit for it. I don't currently have a suppressor but will have by next year (getting one of the new AAC 762-SD), so out of the box thats not a factor. Should I expect that the recoil impulse will be the same or more with the piston set up. Im guessing the extra weight will be negligible. Never had a piston gun before and have only shot a few Scar 17s but they felt super smooth, so I don't have much to compare it to, just feel like I want to try a piston and dont want a Scar (mainly because of the charging handle, just not my cup of tea). If you have a 308 piston rifle how do you like it, and how does a 308 DI gun do with a suppressor, any gas issues?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 2:00:09 AM EDT
[#1]
The Adams Arms 7.62x51 piston conversion system is still in the testing phases from what I've read. The ones they have for sale currently are primarily 5.56 and .300BLK.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I saw the complete 308 rifle was available for preorder, i assume (and I know how that goes) the piston kit will be made available shortly.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top