Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2012 7:32:21 PM EDT
How much "fine tuning" did you do or have you done to the adams arms system itself(excluding buffers, buffer springs, roller cam pin)?

I made sure to space the piston from the gas block and, insured alignment of the gas block, op rod and, barrel nut.  I also took time to confirm my op rod was striking the bolt squarely after everything was aligned. Took me longer than 30 minutes...  I only had about 300 rounds down range before I had to send my rail back to the manufacture but, the gun has functioned perfectly so far.

What extra has anyone else done; how long did install take?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 8:09:57 PM EDT
[#1]
you covered the 2 most important checks, the op rod gap and the alignment of the gas block. Some extra checks i made was to make sure the new carrier moves freely inside my upper receiver and into the buffer tube smoothly.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Fine tuning? None.

I made sure that the gas block was aligned properly, but that was it. Everything else aligned OK.

The install took me about 10 minutes. I have shot 920 rounds without issue.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#3]
One thing I did for my pistol install was use a allen wrench just smaller than the gas hole on the barrel to make sure the block and gas hole are aligned before I tightened down the block.  of course the ole eye ball alignment, but when I put the rail on small tweaking with the block.

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top