Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2012 9:34:58 PM EDT
I'm wanting a 10.5" gun, and putting a suppressor on it.

I've been looking at an LMT, but recently started looking at LWRCi guns. I know they're supposed to run cooler but not sure what all else. Also heard they're better for supressed guns... but I'll let the guys who know about this stuff talk to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:49:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both the LMT piston and the LWRC (M6A2 and M6A3).  LMT CQB Pistons only have 12" and 16" barrel options in a piston configuration.  I like my LMTs a little better than my LWRCs due to the ease of removing the one piece piston on the LMT, plus the ability to take the barrels off in a minutes time.

But since you want a 10.5, that would be the LWRC.  If you plan on shooting a suppressor, get the M6A3 with the adjustable gas valve.  If you don't shoot suppressed, get an M6A2 as they are a little less expensive and a fantastic rifle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
If you get an A3 it will have to be a used one or new old stock because they just stopped production of the A3 in favor of the A5. The A5 has a two position gas block, suppressed and not suppressed. I think all of LWRCi's offerings are better than DI for suppressed/SBR duty due to the lack of gas getting blown in your face and the fact that they seem less sensitive to ammo/propellent choices in SBR form. While the gas blow back is substantially less, it is NOT 100% gone so keep that in mind before jumping in head first. I like LWRCi rifles for reasons not limited to their operating systems though so YMMV on whether they are worth it to you or not. I know that I have NEVER fired a more accurate, reliable, and combat ready rifle in my life and that reason alone will keep me buying their products.

Edited. The gas blow back is NOT 100% eliminated
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
All I can add to this is I just got back from the range after helping a friend pop the cherry on an M6A2 SPR 16". WOW that is one great rifle. The co. claims it will eat anything so we put 1300 rounds of Wolf through it. Even with Wolf it was very precise. I came away very impressed with the system. LWRC is definitely my choice for my suppressed sbr.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#4]
LWRC do run cooler and the overall construction is bullet proof. Fit and finish especially the cerakote is phenomenal. If you get a chance hold one and shoulder it. I guarantee you will be impressed. My M6A2 in OD Green has been accurate and reliable with all types of ammo. Also, like all piston system maintenance and cleaning is a breeze.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Just walk into your local gun shop, hold one (preferably the M6A2 SPR, Operator or Spartan) and it's pretty much self explanatory from there.

You will realize this is a high quality firearm and wonderful a work of art, especially comparing it to standard milspec AR15's. It's bolt carrier design is evolutionary, and the right-side bolt catch and new billet lowers reveal qualities of a firearms company who cares and does their research.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just walk into your local gun shop, hold one (preferably the M6A2 SPR, Operator or Spartan) and it's pretty much self explanatory from there.

You will realize this is a high quality firearm and wonderful a work of art, especially comparing it to standard milspec AR15's. It's bolt carrier design is evolutionary, and the right-side bolt catch and new billet lowers reveal qualities of a firearms company who cares and does their research.

no gunshop anywhere near me has ever had one.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:37:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know where you are but my friend drove from Alexandria VA to New Holland,PA. and the sop there has them in stock most of the time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know where you are but my friend drove from Alexandria VA to New Holland,PA. and the sop there has them in stock most of the time.

Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly and Engage Armament in Kensington, MD are both LWRC dealers. Both do NFA stuff too if that's your bag. Personally I'd rather deal with Engage but Blue Ridge is a decent shop too. Just some options closer to Alexandria if you're looking for LWRC.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 6:26:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I love my LWRC 10.5 m6a2. Runs like a champ suppressed or unsuppressed it doesn't matter. Just pick one and shoulder it run the action and you will feel the quality.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top