Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/4/2012 5:45:18 AM EDT
I have a PWS MK114 and a Sig 516.
In the realm of AR triggers they are actually pretty good but compared to a decent trigger like a Geissele they suck big time.

So I put Geisseles in both those guns and while doing fast close combat type shooting it really makes no difference but when I want to stop and make that one precise shot it makes a world of difference.

Curios if you LWRC, LMT, POF blah blah users change out your trigger. That is the place our mind most connects with the gun and its discharge so to me that is where I want to have a great feel for it

I also have a White Oaks 26" AR target gun that has a Jard trigger which is how it came and I got used to it but would recommend the competition Geissele over it (of course IMO)

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
+1 on the Giessele SSA.  No adjustments, nearly bullet proof for duty and defense where failure means injury or death and for competition where failure means a really bad, angry as hell, teddy bear kicking day.  They have a really nice hammer spring that works with all 5.56 and 7.62 loads even with ultra dense primers.  Installation is as simple as any standard semi auto trigger.  First stage is 2.5lbs, second stage is 2lbs.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:47:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I change out all mine. I have Geissle SSA-E and SD3G and trying an American Gold just for fun
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I change mine to geissele as well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
+1 on the Giessele SSA.  No adjustments, nearly bullet proof for duty and defense where failure means injury or death and for competition where failure means a really bad, angry as hell, teddy bear kicking day.  They have a really nice hammer spring that works with all 5.56 and 7.62 loads even with ultra dense primers.  Installation is as simple as any standard semi auto trigger.  First stage is 2.5lbs, second stage is 2lbs.

+1 as I have the same on one of my pistons

On the other, I have the jp trigger with the speed hammer.  

I would never use the base trigger, hell, even my m&p 15-22 has the RRA 2 stage...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would never use the base trigger, hell, even my m&p 15-22 has the RRA 2 stage...

LOL....my 15-22 also has the RRA 2 stage!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL....my 15-22 also has the RRA 2 stage!

you are a smart man!!!!
haha

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#7]
SD-C in my PWS MK-114
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Running a Geissele SD Combat in mine. Fucking love it.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Just ordered my Geisseles SSA-E  for my LWRCi SPR yesterday . Should be here tomorrow . Everyone says there the best and a totally noticeable difference . Can't wait !
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just ordered my Geisseles SSA-E  for my LWRCi SPR yesterday . Should be here tomorrow . Everyone says there the best and a totally noticeable difference . Can't wait !

My LWRC SPR had a ridiculously high trigger pull...my Lyman digital scale was at 9 pounds....I put in a SSA-E

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Running a Geissele SD Combat in mine. Fucking love it.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/gun_control/SR15%20BEAR%20Elite/DSC01143.jpg

How do you like the flat design? I really love the Giessele Triggers, but I no longer use them. I had this phase where my personal rifle had more cool stuff than my duty rifle and had trouble transitioning back and forth. I now (as I'm smart enough to have known back then and dumb enough to have ignored my better judgement) keep both weapons set up exactly the same. Luckily the army caught up to my gear whore-dom.

SOS

I like it. I find I'm able to transition between different weapons without to much issue so it's not a problem to tac out my own weapons and then use Army weapons.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I just use the normal mil-spec triggers. LWRC's trigger group is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Chip Mcormick trigger in my LMT.  Love it
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Geissele SSA-E in my LWRC.... Love it
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#16]
My PWS has the Geissele Super Dynamic Trigger Enhanced with the flat trigger face as that was what was on sale when i needed a better trigger

A couple weeks ago I needed to upgrade my Sig 516 and the Geissele Super Semi Automatic was on sale so I bought that one.
They are similar enough so i don't feel much difference.

I have tried various makers but (IMO) the Geissele is in a class of its own when it comes to AR triggers

Wulfmann
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#17]
My LMT came with a trigger that was damn near perfect from the factory... No change there.

I dropped an AR-Gold in my Smith M&P PSX.... It's an amazing trigger, but so light I don't know how much I would trust it with adrenaline pumping through my system... or heavy gloves on.

My PWS Mk216 and Mk116 came with decent triggers, but a little heavier than I would have liked.  I swapped in Wilson Combat TTU in both and couldn't be happier.  It's a little light for a duty trigger if you were just going to hand it off to a rookie, but works great for me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#18]
My M6A3 is my DMR so I put a PRS stock on it and upgraded the trigger to a skeletonized Timney. Love that little trigger!
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Timney on low-end, Timney on high-end.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 10:46:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I had previously read that two-stage triggers were not as reliable. False? What is the rough failure rate for each kind of trigger?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:51:14 AM EDT
[#21]
If any one is interested in my LWRCi SPR factory trigger PM me . It is brand new and never been fired .

Thanks , Bill
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:24:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:16:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Never bothered to replace the default trigger on my M6A2.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had previously read that two-stage triggers were not as reliable. False? What is the rough failure rate for each kind of trigger?

SOCOM buys the Giessele SSF triggers.  Any trigger with adjustments is going to have a higher probability of possible issues.  I've never heard of a dissatisfied Giessele user.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't know about two stagers in general, but RRA two stage triggers have developed a bit of a bad reputation for their reliability, from what I've read.    I have one on my cheapo PSA build, and have not had any issues with it yet, though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:23:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I put a JP in my HK MR556.  It was definitely an improvement, although the stock HK trigger wasn't bad, for a duty gun.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#27]
TIMNEY ALL THE WAY! Runs awesome in my LWRC M6A2!
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Any trigger upgrade over a stock trigger is a definite improvement, regardless if you are talking about a DI or Gas gun.  I have a Giessele 2-stage in one lower, and a RRA match trigger (2-stage) in another.  I cannot detect any difference in feel or performance between the two, but  the Giessele has the better reputation as being bullet proof and is what I would put in a battle rifle.  For economy, the RRA match trigger is hard to beat.  Most stock AR triggers feel like a box of rocks compared to the upgraded triggers I have used.  I never really noticed the difference in triggers until I started shooting long range stuff (NRA High Power Rifle), I can tell you a good trigger makes a world of difference and is the first upgrade one should think about to improve accuracy!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top